By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I really don't like Banned peoples posts disappearing

I agree. especially since they aren't usually banned for long anyway.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

Uh, you're wrong. http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/posts.php?id=3348

Anyway, I wouldn't mind it being replaced with the ability to delete individual posts instead. We just need to be able to clean things up if spammers come in.

No, I'm not wrong. I realize that the link in the profile is still there. What I said was that the post is now completely gone, instead of showing up blank. It used to show a blank post, so that you could tell that a banned person posted, and then you could simply click their name to bring up their profile. Now you get no indication that a post was ever made, so you have to somehow figure it out through quotes or other context, then do a search for that person's profile.

I agree, why not just give the mods an option "delete all posts by this user" when banning? that way, when people are given temp bans for being an idiot, their posts don't disappear, but if someone's spamming, then their posts can go.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

=p Well I always wonder why someone got banned...Now I always have to ask them why they get banned with a PM ^^''..

Well good, everyone agree's, hopefully ioi see's this and makes a few minor changes.

Around the Network

chea, naz knows how much i hate this crap

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

Just wait until the day that someone successfully sues a web mod for not deleting "offensive material" from a board. I agree that stuff that is just inflammatory and not offensive should lead to a ban but not deletion, but what about when someone says something that is flat out offensive or discriminatory? It's a very fine line and i can understand why the mods are playing it safe.

Wow? Legend11 got banned? He is usually very good about skirting the rules.. surprised he actually got banned.

damkira said:

Wow? Legend11 got banned? He is usually very good about skirting the rules.. surprised he actually got banned.

This is twice now. Last time he ban dodged to complain about getting banned. Yes, he consistantly exploits the boundries of trolling and attempts to bypass moderation any way he can.

Looks like someone got wise though. Must've started in on the PS3 instead of the Wii. This site is constantly being accused of having a Wii bias, when in actuality, its one of the only sites on the web that is fair to the Wii, imo. So, the mods don't wanna appear Wii bias, so uncounsiously hold the banhammer when Wii is being bashed.

They have no such qualms when bashing of the PS3 and 360 are taking place. This is imo and could be wrong though, I stated as much in the other topic, but I'm gonna stop bringing it up, cause its really pointless to discuss. Lets just bask in the warmth of trolls getting banned. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

A spoiler button thing to reveal it would be good, and better than just blacked over text, cause that takes up room, and could just be a spoiler that someone is covering