By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I really don't like Banned peoples posts disappearing

ZenfoldorVGI said:
damkira said:

Wow? Legend11 got banned? He is usually very good about skirting the rules.. surprised he actually got banned.

This is twice now. Last time he ban dodged to complain about getting banned. Yes, he consistantly exploits the boundries of trolling and attempts to bypass moderation any way he can.

Looks like someone got wise though. Must've started in on the PS3 instead of the Wii. This site is constantly being accused of having a Wii bias, when in actuality, its one of the only sites on the web that is fair to the Wii, imo. So, the mods don't wanna appear Wii bias, so uncounsiously hold the banhammer when Wii is being bashed.

They have no such qualms when bashing of the PS3 and 360 are taking place. This is imo and could be wrong though, I stated as much in the other topic, but I'm gonna stop bringing it up, cause its really pointless to discuss. Lets just bask in the warmth of trolls getting banned. 

Since Legend11 is probably reading this and would be very frustrated that he can't speak, I'll speak for him.

He asked for his ban: Legend asked to be banned for a week to fight his VG addiction. So I'll be nice to him -stof

Or is Stof just being cheeky??

Around the Network

Yeah but I personally would much rather occasionally have to scroll past a bunch of blank posts (they don't take up THAT much room) than have no idea that anyone ever posted in the first place. And I think (as this thread shows) that a lot of people feel the same way.

But I guess it's up to you.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Perhaps just have any permabanned users posts disappear, and any temporary banned users posts are still visible unless specific posts need deleting (although mods can edit posts so i suppose that works for that situation)

IDK b.c maybe it is just too hard (like busy) for the mods to hand pick each one
especially w. everything else they gotta do
it is a lot of work w.out hand picking and would be a lot more work if they did
really dpends on mods workload

No-one said or suggested that you and Mods should manually delete 200 posts.

Around the Network
ioi said:
We recently had about 200 posts in one thread from a spammer. Mods don't have time to click through and manually delete 200 posts. Until I have a better system in place (not that I should be wasting my time doing stuff like this) then we will have to make do with the current system.

When someone gets banned have the mod select "Delete all posts - Yes or No"  If someone just had a couple unnacceptable posts, there is no need to delete all of their posts, the few offensive ones can be done manually.  If someone was a spammer, then the "Delete all posts" option would be used."

Also, when posts are manually deleted the post should be replaced with a "-This post was deleted by a Moderator-" message.

Just my suggestion.  Thanks! 

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout