By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Smash 3DS is great!! But...

Tagged games:

Nothing will be more classic than the original Smash Bros!

Around the Network

I really miss the Tournament Mode.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Snake? Snake? Snake?!?!?!?!?

Sorry, but all you get in Smash 4 is the classic trio ( Sonic, Mega-Man and Pac-Man)... :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

1. They purposefully tried to avoid stages based on home console games. The few that appear are exceptions.

2. Ice Climbers were cut due to hardware limitations and belonging to a dead franchise. Snake could have been cut for several reasons, but in any event there already are three non-Nintendo guests, which is more than enough. I agree about Mewtwo though, while Wolf could go either way.

3. I don't understand WHY a mode that you don't even have to touch turned you away from Brawl. There are plenty of fundamental gameplay elements that should have the same effect.

4. Beause otherwise people would be allowed to express their creativity and force you to play everything from 1 minute to 99 stock matches. And if you want item matches to count I really don't see why local matches won't suffice, considering skill is not a substantial factor.

I'll forgive Nintendo for not including Popo and Nana in the game...when they come out with an actual Ice Climber sequel/remake.

I think the game was actually hampered by Sakurai's hunt for 60fps at all times, though. Would've made more sense to pack in more content.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Snake? Snake? Snake?!?!?!?!?

What Pac-man doesn't do it for you?

I am like 80% sure Snake will be added via DLC though...

It should have been a Digimon.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
VanceIX said:

I need Adventure mode!!! Smash Run aint adventure mode!!!

Maybe Adventure mode is exclusive to the wiiU verison

I really hope so, I loved athe subspace emissary in Brawl :(

Yea! The amount of corners they had to cut for the 3ds version is nuts! Like, the game is great but its like, if they put all the effort into the wiiU version, how much better would it have turned out I wonder?

The system even resets itself when you go back to home menu after you stop playing it. Only 3DS game I seen do this.

Yeah, I've noticed that too! Must really max out the ram if a.reset is needed. 

I wonder if the newer 3ds will have this issue. 

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

1. They purposefully tried to avoid stages based on home console games. The few that appear are exceptions.

2. Ice Climbers were cut due to hardware limitations and belonging to a dead franchise. Snake could have been cut for several reasons, but in any event there already are three non-Nintendo guests, which is more than enough. I agree about Mewtwo though, while Wolf could go either way.

3. I don't understand WHY a mode that you don't even have to touch turned you away from Brawl. There are plenty of fundamental gameplay elements that should have the same effect.

4. Beause otherwise people would be allowed to express their creativity and force you to play everything from 1 minute to 99 stock matches. And if you want item matches to count I really don't see why local matches won't suffice, considering skill is not a substantial factor.

1. I guess that makes sense, figuring we have Arena Ferox, Spirit Train, 3d Land, Golden Plains, GB Dream Land, Flat Zone 2, and the Living Room, all from Handhelds Games...

2. I smell B.S. with the Ice Climbers. I still feel they could of added them, but know they will make lots of Money including them in a DLC pack along with Mewtwo and Snake (even though he's Konami). Wolf was such of beast in Brawl, he would have been epic in this one as well (unless the Amiibo figures have anything to do with them missing).

3. I am a completionist... I want to finish as much of the game as I possibly can, so having this overly long mode was really annoying. Again I'm surprised how many people like it here and even speechless on how they said they wont get the game if Adventure Mode isn't included, but I guess if it floats your boat, row on... 

4. It should have limits, but they should be longer, something like CoD multiplayer would be ideal... 10 Minute Matches or 12 life stock matches, with a choice of playing for glory mode with or without items and chosing the stage with or without there Original forms... that simple...

VanceIX said:

I need Adventure mode!!! Smash Run aint adventure mode!!!

Maybe Adventure mode is exclusive to the wiiU verison

I really hope so, I loved athe subspace emissary in Brawl :(

Yea! The amount of corners they had to cut for the 3ds version is nuts! Like, the game is great but its like, if they put all the effort into the wiiU version, how much better would it have turned out I wonder?

I feel like the wii u one will feel rushed as well. To be honest im not very excited for this smash brothers, i just get this feeling it didn't have enough time and the 3DS is going to hold it back.

TheWPCTraveler said:
I'll forgive Nintendo for not including Popo and Nana in the game...when they come out with an actual Ice Climber sequel/remake.

I think the game was actually hampered by Sakurai's hunt for 60fps at all times, though. Would've made more sense to pack in more content.

IMO they were making the game for the NEW 3DS (again this is just speculation,  but figuring the MiiVerse isnt accessable in the 3ds version, no ice climbers, the system resets itself after you exit the game, and you can't even play it with the circle pad pro). When they found out they could for some reason not meet an NA release for the N3DS before the Holidays they omitted many of the games features and left stuff out just so it could play for the 3ds and meet a reasonable release date for it.

What sucks is if you want the full portable Smash experience, you NEED a N3DS... And I'll bet money that Nintendo would probably make some DLC only Available for N3DS users as well... :-/