By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Smash 3DS is great!! But...

Tagged games:

Removed since Brawl New in Smash 3DS
Subspace Emissary Smash Run
Event Matches Street Smash
Boss Battles Rival Smash
15-Minute Brawl Trophy Rush
Stage Creator Target Blast
Coin Launcher Trophy Shop
Target Smash Equipment
Tournament Mode Conquest Mode
Masterpieces Custom Moves
Stickers Mii Outfits

Playable characters in Brawl: 39
Playable characters in Smash 3DS: 51
Default stages in Brawl: 44
Total stages in Smash 3DS: 34
Trophy count in Brawl: 544
Trophy count in Smash 3DS: 685
Item count in Brawl: 49
Item count in Smash 3DS: 71
Pokemon & Assist Trophies in Brawl: 31 & 27
Pokemon & Assist Trophies in Smash 3DS: 40 & 39

The next person who posts here claiming that Smash 3DS is short on content had better be prepared to explain exactly why they think that. And they should very much take into consideration that most fighting games ship with about three to five modes: Arcade, Versus, Training, and perhaps a couple of extras if they're feeling generous.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Boss Battles Rival Smash
Target Smash Equipment
Stickers Mii Outfits

The next person who posts here claiming that Smash 3DS is short on content had better be prepared to explain exactly why they think that. And they should very much take into consideration that most fighting games ship with about three to five modes: Arcade, Versus, Training, and perhaps a couple of extras if they're feeling generous.

the dengle with the counter XD!

Cant wait for the wiiu version! SSB 3DS is great, only thing that was wrong on it was the options for different smashes (like giant/tiny or stamina) and item frequency.

The game is perfect for a HH!

the_dengle said:
Boss Battles Rival Smash
Target Smash Equipment
Stickers Mii Outfits

I approve this Message!

But really, I guess the Stage Maker you could argue that it's missing, but most stages that I made were knock offs of the OG Smash and Melee (like Saffron City, but it's just not the same without the Pokémon coming out of the door, I also made Fourside but it wasn't the same without the spaceship) What I am trying to say is that the maker was limited. Besides, the stage maker would take loads of data that the 3DS can't handle. People seem to just have an issue with realizing it's a HANDHELD and not the Console version of the game!

And the examples you have shown are impressive! To think we have all of those options and content on the go is REALLY amazing! Don't understand why they are conparing a Console game to a Handheld game. it's like comparing Metroid: Zero Mission to Metroid Prime...

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
prayformojo said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:

I still feel they're little things missing in order for it to be a CLASSIC! This is referring to the Wii U version as well.

I really miss some of the old Retro stages from the old Smashes (N64 Dreamland, Pokémon Falls, Fourside, Mushroom Kingdom II or Subcon, all from Melee).

Also the character selection, don't get me wrong its great, but I feel they should definitely add just a few more from past Smashes as well (Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Star Wolf, and Snake come to mind).

Also I hear people want Story Mode again (which in god's name don't understand WHY!). I think this mode is what turned me away from Brawl. To each their own, I guess.

And finally the online mode. There needs to be an option to control the time limits, stocks, and items. I still don't understand why Nintendo can't do something about the Online mode being more user friendly and players having more control over it. This also turned me away from Brawl, BIG TIME! Why does Nintendo have to control how long I can fight with random players, choose the stage for us, and decide whether or not I want to Smash with items and STILL want it to count or not?

Hopefully, they will add many of these features in DLC or Patch.

Thoughts or your own ways to make Smash more memorable?

I planned on getting it for Wii-U and still might but after playing the demo on the 3DS, I might just stick to Melee instead. It kinda feels Maddenish to me (I skipped Brawl all together) in that it doesn't really feel like it's improved since the Gamecube version. The jump from the N64 to Gamecube was HUGE. Everything from graphics to music to gameplay, all improved and all leaps and bounds better. This version? It feels like a step back in alot of ways from Melee. 

First remember that it's a HANDHELD version of the game, It's not a console version.

That being said, I feel the exact opposite. I haven't had this much fun playing a Smash game since Melee on the GC. Of course the Graphics and the controls are gimped... ITS A HANDHELD VERSION of the game!! But I never played a fighter as addicting as this one for a Handheld, and I've played plenty fighters. The music and stages are epic (especially the Boxing Ring, Arena Ferox, Wily Castle, GB Dreamland, Mushroom Kingdom, man I could go on). Besides, you are basing this off of a DEMO. There is literally TONS of content missing from the Demo. But remember keep this in Mind, this should be the CASUAL VERSION of the game and the Wii U version is for the HARDCORE gamers!

Yeah, I will wait until I get to play the full console version before passing final judgment. I hope it's amazing.