By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin’s Creed Dev Says Industry Is Dropping 60fps

stable 30fps + visuals > 60fps - visuals

Around the Network

I actually preferred the Uncharted 4 teaser at 30fps.

I think it depends on the game and the desired aesthetic and gameplay feel. 60fps will always benefit gameplay (some games more then others). But I think a dev really has to believe that the cinematic feel of their game is more important then slightly more fluid controls, but I don't think most do. I just think they're caught up in the competition of making the best looking game afraid to appear behind. To the general public graphical quality and effects is more immediate in terms of positive impression then frame rate.

Chevinator123 said:
stable 30fps + visuals > 60fps - visuals

depends on the game. for a racer, or anything quick twitch I would take a slight degrade in graphics for 60fps. Just about every other genre I would agree with what you said.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Sounds like most gamers would disagree ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I know what the dev is talking about. Human characters in games act ridiculously with too many fps, it just looks stupid. They bounce around too fast, looking gamey instead of looking like real people. The same goes for cars and such, of course. I'd rather see my characters moving 'realistically', rather than ricocheting around in fast forward, like rubber men on steroids.
It can be argued of course that certain genres will simply deliver a more enjoyable gaming experience with more fps, or that objects in games don't need to reflect the behavior of their real life counterparts.
Also, I agree about The Hobbit, it looks like a TV show rather than a blockbuster movie. Yuck.

Around the Network

Nintendo still seems to be hitting 60fps just fine.

curl-6 said:

Are Zelda games 60fps? Genuine question.

curl-6 said:

and yet people wont buy the WiiU. Guess its not as important as people make it out to be...

”It’s a bit like The Hobbit movie, it looked really weird.”

Totally agree here. The hobbit movie at 60fps is judt weird. Games on the other hand depends on the type of game.

teigaga said:
curl-6 said:

Are Zelda games 60fps? Genuine question.

No, they're not.

Mario is. Smash Bros is. Mario Kart is. Metroid is. Donkey Kong is...