By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I fully endorse this message.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

This is a Master Race/peasant representation I can agree on.

Nicklesbe said:

Then why waste your time here every single time with the same nonsense and bad logic? If you were truly enjoying it you would be gaming right now, having fun, instead of spending so much time hating on the competition and throwing illogical fits when the console of your choice doesn't sell better than the competition. I can't help but wonder if you ever game all since you spend so much energy worshiping Xb1 and trying to piss in sony's cheerios.

I can´t disprove I´m a XB1 worshiper. Sorry, I´ve insisting since the begin of this genaration. But it looks like if you are not in the "PS4 is the best, 200mi total sales, PS2 era, return of the king" you are a delusional XOne fanboy, destined to die alone in that barren wasteland... 

I only post here when I´m at my work. But it won´t be for long, I intend to do master degree in software/hardware co-design next year.

I rarely use my computer at home, only to play Dota 2. Out of my 6 hours not sleeping at home I usualy play 2 hours (1 Dota match, 2 Titanfall an 1 Battlefield 4 matches).

PS: I´m also a athiest and dwell in Richard Downkins and Chirstopher HItchens boards. So, that would explain why I don´t like data with no proof and conformis.

GribbleGrunger said:
I think Sony will announce 15m PS4s sold at the December event, and they stress (AGAIN) that it means sold to gamers.

yes, I can see that happen.

what's the exact date?

after this September, 15m is a 100% given for ps4 end of 2014

it will slow down in October, but November will still be a decent bump and even bigger than September.

December will be huge again.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Haha, well done.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Lets talk, you mention nintendo (very short by the way) and dont mention the undertracking in the SW!!!!!! 

What's the point of that comment?  I've literally been in work all day and have skim read through the thread.  I mentioned the important stuff to me which was all the hardware.  You'll notice I didn't mention any software other than the niche stuff I like + Borderlands 2 because it's tied to hardware.

In addition, I don't particularly have the same level of knowledge of Nintendo software sales that I do with Sony, because I've paid less attention to it in the past.  So it's much harder for me to comment.

Anyway, here, have a comment on Nintendo software:

Software is the one of the few things Nintendo have continually going for them.  The core Nintendo fanbase is always going to buy Smash in droves.  They bought it on the Gamecube.  They'll buy it on 3DS.  3DS has more than enough installbase in the USA to support big-launching games.  I never expected any less, really.

Undertracking?  It's VGC.  I don't follow numbers on VGC anymore unless it's after NPD adjustments.

It's a good result and we can all be very very happy about it.  

Dark_Feanor said:
Nicklesbe said:

Then why waste your time here every single time with the same nonsense and bad logic? If you were truly enjoying it you would be gaming right now, having fun, instead of spending so much time hating on the competition and throwing illogical fits when the console of your choice doesn't sell better than the competition. I can't help but wonder if you ever game all since you spend so much energy worshiping Xb1 and trying to piss in sony's cheerios.

I can´t disprove I´m a XB1 worshiper. Sorry, I´ve insisting since the begin of this genaration. But it looks like if you are not in the "PS4 is the best, 200mi total sales, PS2 era, return of the king" you are a delusional XOne fanboy, destined to die alone in that barren wasteland... 

I only post here when I´m at my work. But it won´t be for long, I intend to do master degree in software/hardware co-design next year.

I rarely use my computer at home, only to play Dota 2. Out of my 6 hours not sleeping at home I usualy play 2 hours (1 Dota match, 2 Titanfall an 1 Battlefield 4 matches).

PS: I´m also a athiest and dwell in Richard Downkins and Chirstopher HItchens boards. So, that would explain why I don´t like data with no proof and conformis.

That's because you're stuck in this us vs them mentality that came about from last year. Its simple, don't hate congratulate. Console Preferences shouldn't go beyond what console you prefer to play on. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dark_Feanor said:

The same people that champion the PS4 are the ones now buying Digital and always online games... 

There is nothing with power or exclusives (Destiny run and looks the same on both next gen consoles). Again, it´s a state of mind that is draging the marketing and only because Microsoft proposed a 24h check...

Honestlt man whats your damage? Did sony rape your puppy with a tank? Cause this disdain you have for sony is actually becoming scary. I understand how anyone can be a fan of a platform but damn bro.... you need to relax.

But since you brought it up let me explain something to you that I am certain you have probably heard before. Now one has or ever had a problem with buying digital games or alays online games. GET THAT IN YOUR HEAD. These atre what people had a problem with;

• You have to sign into XBL before you can play the games that you have bought and own. Be it you are playing on a disc or off your HDD. And that sign in is only good for 24hrs.
  • You cannot take a gme from your friend and play it on your console nor can you buy a used game and play it on your console.
Thats it. That is what the whole DRM nonsesne and hate was about. If you cannot still understand that then I am truly sorry for you. But now lets look at what the competition is doing with tehir own online policy/service.
  • They give you a two free games (total of 6 across 3 platforms) every month. It took them doing this for over a year before MS realized that they could do it too. And XBL is at least 4 years older than PSN.
  • They will not just not impose any restrictions on how you share games or if you can play used games, but they will allow your friends play the games you have on your console from theirs even though they do not have the game.
  • They are allowing you rent games and stream play them on practically anything that has a screen (eventually). MS on the other hand are focusing on how to get you tied into publisher based subscriptions.
I don't know man... I would think by now you would realize you are rooting for the wrong team.  But what I find really surprising, is that you seem to think that sony winning is bad for the gaming industry. 

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Lets talk, you mention nintendo (very short by the way) and dont mention the undertracking in the SW!!!!!! 

What's the point of that comment?  I've literally been in work all day and have skim read through the thread.  I mentioned the important stuff to me which was all the hardware.  You'll notice I didn't mention any software other than the niche stuff I like + Borderlands 2 because it's tied to hardware.

In addition, I don't particularly have the same level of knowledge of Nintendo software sales that I do with Sony, because I've paid less attention to it in the past.  So it's much harder for me to comment.

Anyway, here, have a comment on Nintendo software:

Software is the one of the few things Nintendo have continually going for them.  The core Nintendo fanbase is always going to buy Smash in droves.  They bought it on the Gamecube.  They'll buy it on 3DS.  3DS has more than enough installbase in the USA to support big-launching games.  I never expected any less, really.

Undertracking?  It's VGC.  I don't follow numbers on VGC anymore unless it's after NPD adjustments.

It's a good result and we can all be very very happy about it.  

*Claps

Thank you, thats all i needed :P

GribbleGrunger said:

ZELUDA < 170k
FZ2 ~ 120k
TFFCC < 25k
Goodbye < 12k

FZ2 = TOTAL, not kidding. (360+XB1)

Aha, this is what I was looking for.

What's the first one by the way?  I'm assuming Hyrule Warriors but it doesn't make much sense.

I'm guessing the last one is DanganRonpa 2.  Ehh.  Not a bad performing.  I always assume a few thousand more sales because NPD doesn't track NISA store sales.