By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

daredevil.shark said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
So can someone summarise for me what's going on with GAF and this Aquamarine? I just saw a bunch of weird posts, all capitalised, and I'm not gonna read thousands of posts to find out what happened.

They started bashing VGC saying, VGC is rich and everyone believes VGC lies. They started picking FH2 and other numbers. Later they started picking me and dernebel and kept going.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134717194&postcount=3873

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134723293&postcount=4143

What I find most hilarious about his was the one line that was like 'Why don't they just join neogaf and discuss it here?" as if they didn't know those forums are a pain in the ass to join and pretty much a gated community. I know I couldn't register and I don't have a "free email" but it wasn't recognized and the option to contact administrator no longer functions. Also find it hilarious that they only ask for an XBL gamer tag and nothing else. Yeah its pretty obvious why everyone doesn't just join those forums to discuss it.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Intrinsic said:
Angelv577 said:
If Microsoft don't close the gap by end of year, they will have to wait until the next holiday to see whether they can catch up or not and by that moment, the gap will be wider.

For MS to close the gap, they have to basically not just sell as much as the PS4 but outsell it.

The XB1 was sold in NA for $399 and you got your choice of buying it and practically getting destiny, FIFA or Madden for free. People chose to buy the PS4 actually pay for those games instead of getting it free. I honestly don't see what kinda magic the XB1 is going to use to catch up. Now they should be more concerned of at least selling well.

They have the exclusive COD advertising and Halo MCC that have a good chance of putting Xbox One ahead for a week or two, at least in the US anyways.

It's also worth mentioning that the PS4 may well have stock issues again this year, and with them having to allocate stock to Europe as well as the US it may mean there just aren't enough PS4s available in the US for it to consistently outsell the Xbox One.

That's what was said last year as well, yet PS4 still outsold XB1 in 2013 in the US despite massive shortages.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

360 is still behind Wii in the US (LTD), I thought it was ahead! Well it should happen next month, probably?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
360 is still behind Wii in the US (LTD), I thought it was ahead! Well it should happen next month, probably?

~100k difference... I don't it will happen next month... November is my bet.

Aerys said:
ethomaz said:

A France site posted all numbers.

http://www.gamekult.com/actu/aux-usa-destiny-fait-le-bonheur-de-la-ps4-A139607.html

Impressive, PS4 will outsell 3DS soon in US

Depends on your soon prediction, not before 2016 ;-D

Around the Network
Ninsect said:

Source?

Regarding the bump YOY, XB1 is considerably higher than 360 was last year and PS4 is A LOT higher than PS3 was so I don't see the problem.

We all knew (but Pacheter) PS4 would lead end get a bump from white consoles.

There are so much noise and cross checking with the same source now that NeoGaf leakers are almost as useless as VGChartz.

The stink of an "old style" pro true hardcore gamer is unbareable there (it´s worst than here). I know I might look like a delusional fanboy  against the undenaible fact that PS4 is the most perfect and successfull piece of hardware in the universe.

For me the most important fact this NPD shown was the decrise in software retail sales. The same people that champion the PS4 are the ones now buying Digital and always online games... 

There is nothing with power or exclusives (Destiny run and looks the same on both next gen consoles). Again, it´s a state of mind that is draging the marketing and only because Microsoft proposed a 24h check...

Well, this was an interesting month.

I'm gonna start with my favourite console, Vita.  It's such a bizarre situation in the USA.  It's clearly selling whatever they ship (6k last month; 20k this month, there's no consistency) but Sony and retailers don't seem at all fussed about keeping stock levels up.  Whyyyyy.  

(I know this'll never get fixed, but Borderlands 2 Vita is undertracked in the USA still.  End of May NPD = 83k.  End of May VGC = 58k.  Another ~ 20k this month means only 10k sold between June/July/August which is wrong given current trends.  It's clearly a massive percentage of the consoles sold and should follow that).

PS4 is... very impressive.  Oddly impressive in fact.  I just don't get how it's selling this well, especially on the current library.  Props to Sony for that - I hope they don't damage all this goodwill by continuing to make mistakes like the Driveclub launch fiasco and PSN being as unstable as possible.

XB1 really isn't that bad to be honest.  It had a lot going in its favour this month and probably should've done better, but it's still selling very well for itself.  I genuinely believe things can still get a lot better for it - I certainly don't think it's impossible to catch up to PS4 in future.  After all, PS3 turned things around greatly in 2009 with a remodel and a great number of high class exclusives.  I think the most damaging thing for XB1 at the moment is all the EA Sports stuff.  MS have targeted those gamers pretty heavily and yet they're still playing on PS4 over XB1... they're likely to tell their friends to get them on PS4 too.  

3DS is hard to tell.  This was Smash month right?  Any other month I'd have said 140k for the leader in a dying market would actually have been excellent, but to have a big game release... ehh.

WiiU same as usual.  90k is miles better than the position it was in, but I think things aren't going to change soon.

Now... where's DanganRonpa/Ar NoSurge/Natural Doctrine numbers?! :(

Dark_Feanor said:
Ninsect said:

Source?

Regarding the bump YOY, XB1 is considerably higher than 360 was last year and PS4 is A LOT higher than PS3 was so I don't see the problem.

We all knew (but Pacheter) PS4 would lead end get a bump from white consoles.

There are so much noise and cross checking with the same source now that NeoGaf leakers are almost as useless as VGChartz.

The stink of an "old style" pro true hardcore gamer is unbareable there (it´s worst than here). I know I might look like a delusional fanboy  against the undenaible fact that PS4 is the most perfect and successfull piece of hardware in the universe.

For me the most important fact this NPD shown was the decrise in software retail sales. The same people that champion the PS4 are the ones now buying Digital and always online games... 

There is nothing with power or exclusives (Destiny run and looks the same on both next gen consoles). Again, it´s a state of mind that is draging the marketing and only because Microsoft proposed a 24h check...

You do know that GTAV released last year at this same time, so of course there will be a drop in software sales... and to be fair software will take a hit while people buy less last gen and slowly convert over. 

So what if 20-30% are buying digital on PS4... thats not the point people had a problem with MS, the problem was that they *HAD TO* buy digital even with a disc. Perhaps you are just missing the massive elephant in the room in how MS were going to implement it, rather than just take cheap swipes at Sony.

I know you might be peev'd that your console of choice is not selling well, but thats just how it is, many others just feel the PS4 is better hardware, better build and will have better games. That's MS's fault in their messaging and hardware design, not the people who have gone out and purchased a PS4, which incidently includes many previous Xbo 360 owners.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I think Sony will announce 15m PS4s sold at the December event, and they stress (AGAIN) that it means sold to gamers.

The PS5 Exists. 

sidmeiernintifan said:
Joining gaf for the npd data would be like buying a console for only one game.

COD

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank