By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

ethomaz said:
OttoniBastos said:
Question: how much did Halo 3 boost X360 back in 2007?

360 (Halo 3 release Sept. 2007) : 527.8k
PS4 (Destiny release 2014) : 550k?

Are you sure?

My quik math tells less than 450k, with VGChartz numbers. 

Halo 3 realy picked steam in the Hollydays, a thing I don´t think Destiny will do.

Around the Network
animegaming said:

are you telling to tell Nintendo they are wrong about the sales of their own product?

Um why not?   Sony's sales announcemnet are not legitimate according to some. 

Boutros said:
amak11 said:
Boutros said:
500k > PS4 < 570k
Wii U > 100k
3DS - 140k

Hyrule Warriors - 190k (including digital sales)
Mario Kart 8 - 60k (including digital sales); nearly 1.2m LTD
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS - 705k (including 135k digital sales)

@Bold, Uh... that's wrong

MK8 sales have a little under 50% attach rate last I recall and nearly 1.2 LTD does not equal under 50% attach rate, pretty sure it's positive 3 million including digital

"Mario Kart 8 sold nearly 60,000 combined units in its fifth month on the market, bringing its lifetime total in the U.S. to nearly 1.2 million total units."

my mistake... actually I should maybe find data that doesn't look like a mess... from somewhere

Gaf thread isn't even up. Maybe a while before we find out anything else

CosmicSex said:
ethomaz said:

AMAZON

Yeap... you are looking to the only 100% accurate tracker in this generation... Amazon >>>> VGC >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pachter. 

Who would have thought that an actual retailer would have insight into retail sales?

Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu misspelled river.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

I cant understand what led Pachter to make his 250k prediction for PS4, the guy almost always is wrong but it goesnt realy matter he deals in trends, advising ppl to invest in this or that the actual numbers dont realy matter but this time around he was completly nuts. Even ppl with no economic knowledge knew that Destiny would boost the PS4s number by a mile.

Skidonti said:
amak11 said:
Boutros said:
500k > PS4 < 570k
Wii U > 100k
3DS - 140k

MK8 sales have a little under 50% attach rate last I recall and nearly 1.2 LTD does not equal under 50% attach rate, pretty sure it's positive 3 million including digital

NPD tracks the United States market, not the world. You know that, right?

North American market and yes, had a brain fart

Sony has issued a statement on its performance for the month of September in advance of this evening’s NPD report. The publisher says that Activision’s Destiny broke PlayStation Store sales records for first day, first week, and pre-orders.

PlayStation 4 also won the month in the United States. The publisher says that it sold three times as many consoles, including bundles, over August 2014.

Sony says that revenue for the PlayStation Store is up 90 percent over September 2013

The PS5 Exists. 

animegaming said:
amak11 said:
Boutros said:
500k > PS4 < 570k
Wii U > 100k
3DS - 140k

are you telling to tell Nintendo they are wrong about the sales of their own product?

No, but Nintendo can and will present a more rosy situation. Remember the over 10M PS4 sales that turned out to be false too?

Destiny XB1 > PS4 confirmed (standalone)