By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

Mr Khan said:
14 bans in the past 24 hours, 13 of them by Conegamer (!)

50 bans in the last 4 days.

Conemonster* the ban addict

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Yeah it was quite the busy day yesterday as I eluded to above. Probably banned more people yesterday than in the previous 30 days in the month!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Can we protest bans here or do we have to PM head mod? (Not my own ban) and actually it's a rule I feel is pretty unfair on decent users usually.

Seece said:
Can we protest bans here or do we have to PM head mod? (Not my own ban) and actually it's a rule I feel is pretty unfair on decent users usually.

It's probably best to PM the mod in question or the head moderator for the most immediate and most detailed response. This is made clear in the OP of the thread, and this isn't really the place to discuss a particular moderation. 

Having said that if you articulate your complaint well, and not use it as an excuse to attack the mod in question or the mod team as a whole, and if your points are backed up with facts and evidence, thrn there's nothing stopping you from posting here. You just probably won't get ad immediate or as detailed a response.

Conegamer said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Lock this god damn thread. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=192614&page=1

I have, but it's kinda sad the thread managed to go on for so long without anything happening. I can't be here 24/7, and this whole thread (and yours too, you know) just highlights the issues. 

Quite simply the thread should have been locked beforehand. I apologize it went on for so long in the first place.

Indeed, I was at work and read the thread in question on my phone but I had no tools available to do anything about it, but my first instinct was that this needed to be locked. We try to cover the forums all day and night but sometimes there will be an absence of mods and this can happen, sadly.

Around the Network

Thank you, Cone!!!

kowenicki said:
Conegamer said:
gooch_destroyer said:

But Cone, I thought you loved me

If you want that ban you should have just said, but you were only due a warning I swear!

And ofcourse I love Gooch. Stop being so silly

I disagree, this was something you sepcifically said you were clamping down on.  s

It is. And Gooch was banned for this post

kowenicki said:
Conegamer said:
kowenicki said:

I disagree, this was something you sepcifically said you were clamping down on.  s

banned for a post 12 hours ago and isnt banned now?  some ban.

That's how it works. The best users get banned for days or longer while the rascals roam free

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

kowenicki said:
Conegamer said:

banned for a post 12 hours ago and isnt banned now?  some ban.

That's how the progressive moderation system works. Gooch was banned for a day for that post; if he repeats it again then he will get 3 days, again 5 or 7 etc. The system is there to punish repeat offenders for the same crime; it's not a perfect system but it's the one we use and it's been the same for quite some time. If Gooch doesn't have a mod history, I can't skip to a 14 day ban because of the post that's not fair (and whether or not he should be moderated for other posts; that's another matter to not be discussed here). 

I would also like to use this chance to again remind people of the rules in the OP, namely:

• The Big One: We are open to all kinds of critiques, feedback, and concerns, but doing so must be done in a manner that is professional, respectful, and above all else, backed up with evidence and facts. Any baseless or unsupported accusation or criticism has no potential to serve anyone and therefore can be treated as spam and/or an unfounded attack on a moderator.
  • This is not the place to ask why your report did not result in a moderation for a user. Be respectful of the process and trust that every report is carefully examined before it is either dismissed or acted upon.
  • Breaking any of these rules can and will result in a moderation against you. So please be respectful of the parameters we have set in place.
If you have a point to make then make it. If you feel like the system could be improved; then explain why and how. If you're only going to be here to complain about the length of Gooch's ban, then that's not going to fly.

Mr Khan said:

It will go down in history as "The Halloween Banning Streak".