By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

Oh Ka-pi.

Learn to Rol.

Around the Network

The Mod team is a much needed comMODity on Vgchartz, thank you for the great job you all do.

dukerx2 said:
The Mod team is a much needed comMODity on Vgchartz, thank you for the great job you all do.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Im drunk, who wants banning?

Carl2291 said:
Im drunk, who wants banning?

Around the Network

Lock this god damn thread. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=192614&page=1

gooch_destroyer said:
Lock this god damn thread. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=192614&page=1

I have, but it's kinda sad the thread managed to go on for so long without anything happening. I can't be here 24/7, and this whole thread (and yours too, you know) just highlights the issues. 

Quite simply the thread should have been locked beforehand. I apologize it went on for so long in the first place.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
gooch_destroyer said:

I have, but it's kinda sad the thread managed to go on for so long without anything happening. I can't be here 24/7, and this whole thread (and yours too, you know) just highlights the issues. 

Quite simply the thread should have been locked beforehand. I apologize it went on for so long in the first place.

Did good though.

This whole thread scenario brings up another valid point which I believe deserves to be reiterated.

Some threads are going to be controversial; some posts are too. There will be things which annoy, some things which you feel are completely false and some posts you wonder why nothing has been done. That's what the report button is for. Report the post; tell the mod team what the problem is; why the thread or the post should be moderated or what needs to be done. Some users are incredibly good at this, some users aren't. But it's the most helpful tool we have; the community. Being able to see what everyone else sees in different ways allows us to evaluate the context in the thread.

What you can't then do, however, is go into the thread and add to the problem yourself. It's alright to have issues with an OP, but what will be gained from complaining and voicing your disdain in the thread? Very little; if anything. And importantly we should return to the forum rules at this point:

Insults and flaming. Attacking other users for any reason is never acceptable.

This is a little bit of a grey area, I admit. But if a post is reported and it is moddable then it will be moderated. No point you being dragged down to the same level as the poster in question because you decided you needed that extra say in the thread too. Otherwise, you're liable to moderation yourself. With regards to OP's, this is the "shoot the messenger" rule which has it's own thread in the stickied section, but in more of a general case.

The long and the short of it is that it's never acceptable to attack another user, and if you do have a problem then report the post or send a moderator a PM and it will be sorted out. Otherwise you end up with situations like today; everyone wanted the thread to be locked and everyone knew it should be, but there were no mods online. That's a fault on our end, I agree, but at the same time if everyone knew that, why did it get so far out of hand in the first place?

Anyway that's just my opinion. Worth reiterating anyway IMO.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

14 bans in the past 24 hours, 13 of them by Conegamer (!)

50 bans in the last 4 days.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.