By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub gamespot review - 5 / 10

Dallinor said:
brighat said:
Have never had any respect for Kevin VanOrd since Gerstmann-gate, when he wrote a sappy blog about the crisis in the offices. He's no Greg Kasavin or Alex Navarro. He's basically the face of Gamespot and that doesn't say much.

You might say he's uninteresting and unenergetic, just all around not really an exciting guy?

He's a sycophant. I have 0 respect for them. His sappy blog is gone but it left a sour taste in people's mouths that day.

Kevin is open to people buying him drinks if you do see him in San Francisco.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Dallinor said:

Well it's Evolution Studios.  All they've ever produced is racing games.

It would have been nice though to see them try something completely new.

yeah I meant a driving game close to GT.. Motorstorm and WRC were a different direction while Driveclub is a lot closer to their main powerhouse called ran Turismo.. makes me wonder what a Motorstorm game would have looked liked on the PS4.. why did the last few games sold so bad on the ps3? is motorstorm dead?

Rumor is that evolution wanted to make motorstorm in PS4. But sony said to make something new. Plus if rumores to be believed driveclub started as F2P game.

Just saw this at twitter. BTW paul is driveclub game director. Damn.

Didn't make this but damn -

daredevil.shark said:

Rumor is that evolution wanted to make motorstorm in PS4. But sony said to make something new. Plus if rumores to be believed driveclub started as F2P game.

Wonder why a more arcade racer.. normally there would be a Need for Speed game out right now.. I actually think Motorstorm with it short bursts of playtime is pretty good suited for a F2P game..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:

Wonder why a more arcade racer.. normally there would be a Need for Speed game out right now.. I actually think Motorstorm with it short bursts of playtime is pretty good suited for a F2P game..

Motorstorm apocalypse was quite good. But its not their decision to make. I doubt evolution studios future. They missed deadline. And final product isnt that good.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
NiKKoM said:

Motorstorm apocalypse was quite good. But its not their decision to make. I doubt evolution studios future. They missed deadline. And final product isnt that good.

Well Sony did already closed BigBig which was a subsidary of Evolution Studios.. depending on sales which if they are bad/average I think they'll be slimmed down just to support the DLC till mid next year

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:

Well Sony did already closed BigBig which was a subsidary of Evolution Studios.. depending on sales which if they are bad/average I think they'll be slimmed down just to support the DLC till mid next year

If they close evolution studios then they need to buy only one studio. Three choices. Ready at dawn / quantic dream / from software.

Busted said:
So according to my friend Kevin here, it is just a pretty Need For Speed III
so much for next gen racing

A pretty Need for Speed III would be incredible. El Nino FTW!

Unlike NFSIII though, this game appears to be bland and boring. Really sucks about the AI too, there's nothing shittier in racing games than boring AI that just plows along one set line the entire time. And the game penalizing you for its own idiocy just seems like it would be really frustrating.

Should have made Motorstorm PS4 instead.

Azzanation said:
Its sad to see this happen. Sony is falling into a hole where they are using graphics to sell there games. First with Killzone SF to Knack to Infamous SS and now Drive Club and possible The Order. Sony need to get there act together because there forgetting what makes games good, always Gameplay>Graphics. Yet Sony are selling systems based off hardware which is why they have shifted focus. Nintendo and Xbox seem to be housing the better games this generation and there's only more to come before 2015. Sony needs to forget about 1080p and our system is the most powerful console and focus on making great games like they did with the PS3. Let the graphics come in time. Drive Club should be ashamed considering they even delayed the game for more then a year and still come out under Forza 5 which was a game considered rushed because of XB1's launch schedule.

/agree with this also.

DaltonAbbey said:
Busted said:
So according to my friend Kevin here, it is just a pretty Need For Speed III

Except it's not

I think there's thing called an "opinion", maybe you've heard of them?