By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub gamespot review - 5 / 10

"Stubborn AI"

Same was said about Motorstorm. But its one of the many things I liked about Motorstorm.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
celador said:

inFamous scored higher than Ryse and Dead Rising 3.  But they were great, right?  MS has the weakest first party by a mile, it's why they don't even make half of their 'exclusives'

Ryse and Dead Rising are 3rd parties.

First party would be Forza Horizon, FM5, Max.

MS first party is well robust and more diverse than any other publisher.

They have IPs from all genres: Fighting, Racing, TPS, FPS, RTS, WRPG, JRPG,Platformer, Kinect, etc...

If it wasn't for Japanese 3rd party handing free games to Nintendo and Sony, things would've been different.

But anyways this thread is about DRIVECLUB and I hope it satisfies the needs of those who eagerly awaited for it.

What are those IP's please? How many of them are released in last 3 years from these and reviewed well? Also mind that FM5 has only 79 meta and had less content, no dynamic weather etc.,

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Reviews are very mediocre for this.

biglittlesps said:
Goatseye said:

They have IPs from all genres: Fighting, Racing, TPS, FPS, RTS, WRPG, JRPG,Platformer, Kinect, etc...

If it wasn't for Japanese 3rd party handing free games to Nintendo and Sony, things would've been different.

But anyways this thread is about DRIVECLUB and I hope it satisfies the needs of those who eagerly awaited for it.

What are those IP's please? How many of them are released in last 3 years from these and reviewed well?

KI, Forzas, Gears, Halo, Halo Wars, Fable, Lost Odyssey, Max, Kinect game series, etc...

Look up their release date and reviews if interested. they're all on consoles.

biglittlesps said:
Goatseye said:
celador said:

inFamous scored higher than Ryse and Dead Rising 3.  But they were great, right?  MS has the weakest first party by a mile, it's why they don't even make half of their 'exclusives'

What are those IP's please? How many of them are released in last 3 years from these and reviewed well?

I think he means stuff like Fable, Forza, Blue Dragon, Halo, Gears, Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Blue Dragon, Project Gotham Racing, Project Spark, Dance Central, D4, Panzer Dragoon, Etc.

Microsoft has built an impressive repertoire of exclusive IP. Especially for being the youngest of the big 3.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
biglittlesps said:
Goatseye said:

KI, Forzas, Gears, Halo, Halo Wars, Fable, Lost Odyssey, Max, Kinect game series, etc...

Look up their release date and reviews if interested. they're all on consoles.

I see only Four games here (Forza, Gears, Halo and Fable) that has good reviews which are also recycled IP's in last 3 years and other games are not a AAA size games and has not good reviews. I can list many games in Playstation that are new IP's and has diveristy in game genres in last 3 years that got reviewed good. So, Sony does better here and Microsoft is horrible in exclusives and buying 3rd party games for thier exclusives.

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

tinfamous12 said:
biglittlesps said:
Goatseye said:
celador said:

I think he means stuff like Fable, Forza, Blue Dragon, Halo, Gears, Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Blue Dragon, Project Gotham Racing, Project Spark, Dance Central, D4, Panzer Dragoon, Etc.

Microsoft has built an impressive repertoire of exclusive IP. Especially for being the youngest of the big 3.

I've asked good review games in last 3 years not all time. They are terribe in exclusives now and buying 3rd party games.

biglittlesps said:

I see only Four games here (Forza, Gears, Halo and Fable) that has good reviews which are also recycled IP's in last 3 years and other games are not a AAA size games and has not good reviews. I can list many games in Plastation that are new IP's and has diveristy in game genres in last 3 years that got reviewed good. So, Sony does better here and Microsoft is horrible in exclusives and buying 3rd party games for thier exclusives.

Wow. I'm going to school right now. I'll reply to you correctly whenever I comeback.

Triple A is what only matters now?

Goatseye said:

TLOU doesn't interest me as I don't own a PS platform.

And that's the only game you gonna throw on this conversation because Killzone, Knack & Infamous have all been about shininess and no substance.

All had massive hype about their looks but they never talk about their gameplay before launch.

I've play Infamous and Killzone and they are both solid fun games. I'd give Killzone an 8/10. The multiplayer pulls the score up a bit. 

Second son I'd give an 8/10. It's a great super hero game. You haven't played either so don't judge them like you have. The gameplay in killzone is good but it's great in infamous. ALso infamous first light is top notch. 

Intrinsic said:
so this game is bad because its challenging and the AI is agressive when racing?

Ah well... I will wait for user reviews. Its getting really hard to trust these publications these days.

6.3 on user score so far: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/driveclub

So... it seems true.