By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Boycott PS4 Assassin's Creed Unity #BoycottACUnityPS4

bevochan said:
Even if you don't have a gaming PC and don't play much 1080p games, play Destiny PS4 for awhile (although this game sucks) then play Watch Dogs PS4. There is a noticeable difference between 1080p and 900p. It's not subtle.

Well, why should I play (and more importantly pay for) a game, that sucks as you say? I prefer playing the great game, even if it has less pixels. You all should get out your PS2 and learn again what fun it is to play a great game.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
I'd boycott the game even if it was 1080p. Assassin's Creed blows.

I'd have to agree. I have not been impressed with Assassin's Creed since 2 and when Ubisoft decided to annualize the franchise, that was it for me.

Well, well, so many saying they are boycotting Ubisoft, because of this. I think all of them supported the Nintendo-fans as they wanted to boycott 3rd-parties because of games gimped for WiiU. You did it, right?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Welcome to how Wii U gamers have been treated since day 1.

thismeintiel said:

bevochan said:

The twitter blow up is stupid.  Any press, regardless if it's negative, is good press for ubisoft.  Ubisoft doesn't care about the twitter movement, and people doing the twitter hashtag movement are stupid.  The only way Ubisoft will care is if people actually don't buy the game.  Not sure if the twitter movement will do that.  Ubisoft will ONLY listen to the consumer's wallet.

Start a new hashtag #boycottACUnity

If anything can be taken from this gen, it should be that that statement is complete BS.  Bad press is bad press.  And sometimes you cannot recover from it.  Just look at the situation the XBO is in.  If anything, the Twitter blow up will inform more people, which may lead to them not purchasing the game.  Same thing happened with DRM and mandatory Kinect.

The Unity parity situation is no where near as big as MS DRM and Kinect. They are also two completly different scenarios. The failure of DRM and Kinect was  becuase it was anticonsumer and was too confusing for the consumer.

I see this Unity debacle a lot like how people say they're going to boycott every COD game becuase of a lack of dedicated servers. Few gamers refuse to buy the game while the casuals (The majority) buy the game in masses. AC while see no huge loss in sales due to this resulotion parity.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Around the Network

Hmmm.....I wonder if people stopped making such a big deal about pixel counts on forums (aka most likely the people in this thread threatening to boycott) then companies wouldn't feel the need to do stuff like this...hmmmm

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Really sad to see people boycotting a game for the sake of a few pixels. PC gamers would boycott nearly every game for the last decade if this type of behaviour was the norm.

Their reasoning is pretty stupid but if it's such a big deal then just buy the game used or not at all.

All games should be 480p so that all 7th and 8th gen systems can have the same experience and to prevent all debate. Or, just boycott ACU, and share the info with everyone you know. Not just to skip ACU, but to avoid ALL Ubisoft titles until they change.

Isn't this also a little convenient for MS? They don't say GPU, they say CPU and the reason they give is AI. What is the main thing MS have been promoting as the be all and end all of 'Cloud power'? It would be AI. This shitstorm would be nothing compared to the shitstorm an announcement from MS that Unity has better AI because of 'cloud power' would bring. What if Ubisoft haven't only held resolution back? What if Ubisoft are refusing to use Compute to its fullest too?

The PS5 Exists.