By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Boycott PS4 Assassin's Creed Unity #BoycottACUnityPS4

GribbleGrunger said:
Isn't this also a little convenient for MS? They don't say GPU, they say CPU and the reason they give is AI. What is the main thing MS have been promoting as the be all and end all of 'Cloud power'? It would be AI. This shitstorm would be nothing compared to the shitstorm an announcement from MS that Unity has better AI because of 'cloud power' would bring. What if Ubisoft haven't only held resolution back? What if Ubisoft are refusing to use Compute to its fullest too?

Egh, I'm sure MS is behind this and honestly, I don't get it. It just makes them look even worse than they already did. Someone else said, they can't win either way, and that's true, but maybe they shouldn't have released such an inferior console in the first place.

Around the Network

Not that it matters, but I'll buy Unity for the PS4 when it gets the 1080p patch and not a day sooner.

I do have a couple of the AC games in my Steam library, but I really do prefer playing games on a console so it's really a matter of whether I buy Unity when Steam has one of its crazy seasonal sales a year or so after it's released, or Ubisoft does that patch for the PS4 version. No patch = no buy ever for the PS4. I'm content buying the game on sale through Steam for $20-40.

I don't care about games being 720, 800, 900 or 1080p. What I dislike is a game company willingly admit that it's not doing as much as it can do to optimise a game to avoid debates. That's just stupid. Make as good a game as you can for both consoles. If it's a case that development resources could only allow them for 900p on both consoles, fine. But this kind of says 'We hit a limit on one, so stopped on the other'

I hope I'm wrong.

It will be patched to 1080p, don't worry.

I will boycot the whole thing. Fuck Ubisoft, gimme the best game or gimme nothing

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
Arkaign said:
All games should be 480p so that all 7th and 8th gen systems can have the same experience and to prevent all debate. Or, just boycott ACU, and share the info with everyone you know. Not just to skip ACU, but to avoid ALL Ubisoft titles until they change.

I think there is more to the experience than resolution. Even at 480p PS360 couldn't replicate the graphics of Unity.

If 3 million people could tolerate a 900p Watch Dogs, they can tolerate AC:U aswell.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

curl-6 said:
Welcome to how Wii U gamers have been treated since day 1.

Not the same. The PS4 version will still exist.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It looks like Sony are doing something about it. An insider who works for Sony posted this on Gaf:

"Interesting thread."

To which someone replied: 'interesting post'.

This was then followed by someone saying: 'it means nothing'

Which was in turn answered by the insider with: 'Actually it does.'

Clearly he can't say much but the picture is of a dog pricking his ears up and watching intently.

edit: Yep, Sony are listening, he just answered the same guess with a =)

The PS5 Exists. 

Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

So did Wii U ports in 2012 and 2013.

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

So did Wii U ports in 2012 and 2013.

But PS4 ports will continue to exist. A worst case scenario is developers aim for parity.

The Wii U has an even worse scenario, no ports of core games.

No point in comparing it to Wii U situation. But good job brining Wii U into this discussion.

Recently Completed