By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Boycott PS4 Assassin's Creed Unity #BoycottACUnityPS4

Another comment from the Sony insider:

"Regardless of what exactly happened, one thing's for sure, this is the angriest I think I've seen the community in a long time."

I think he's making a point here and not just for the forum.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Mr Puggsly said:

LOL!

Sony is not in a position to throw away money and force AC fans to get an Xbox.

The fact is the average consumer won't even notice or care. Some people on this forum just don't consider the average consumer. Not every gamer is a forum dweller searching for the native resolution of their games.

I agree that Sony wouldn't try to pull that, but forum users have friends that don't use forums and Twitter is read by people who don't use forums.

Well good luck to them on trying to convince fans not to buy the next AC.

I don't think 900p is a deal breaker.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

GribbleGrunger said:
thismeintiel said:

I would LOVE if Sony said, "You either release a Day 1 patch for the game to up the res to 1080p (maybe the framrate, as well), something we know the PS4 can easily pull off, or say goodbye to that 11M+ userbase that are making plenty of games million sellers."  The fact is, Ubisoft would have no choice but to say okay.

I think he was just letting Gaffers know in as quiet way as he could that Sony aren't going to just let this happen. Whether that means sending in the ICE team or a few sharp words on the phone is the question. You have to remember that Ubisoft said they were targeting 1080p/60ps only 3 months ago. Are you telling me they never knew what their engine was capable of or they didn't know what the PS4 was capable of?

The fact is, every other game has proven that if a game can run at 900P on the One, it is easy for the PS4 to run it at 1080p, with seemingly little effort put into improving it.  I think if Sony gets wind that MS is purposely making devs gimp the PS4 versions, just cause they don't want to add to resolutiongate,  they are definitely going to put their foot down.  Just like they did to EA with EA Access.  Did it hurt the PS4's sales and boost the MS's, who allow EA Access?  Nope.

Mr Puggsly said:

LOL!

The fact is the average consumer won't even notice or care. Some people on this forum just don't consider the average consumer. Not every gamer is a forum dweller searching for the native resolution of their games.

Lol, you think that would turn people to the One?  More likely it would turn people away from AC and/or Ubisoft.  And the "average customer" talk, again?  Isn't that what many of you Xbox fans were talking about before this gen started concerning the DRM, used games, and mandatory Kinect?  It wouldn't matter to the average consumer, only fanboys of other sides on the internet cared and couldn't make a difference?  And that's why many perdicted the One still winning in the US and UK handedly?  Now, I haven't been following the sales too closely, so could you tell me how that worked out for MS? 

Maybe they can release a 1080p patch after day 1 "debates and stuff" is over.

My 8th gen collection

Mr Puggsly said:

LOL!

Lol, you think that would turn people to the One?  More likely it would turn people away from AC and/or Ubisoft.  And the "average customer" talk, again?  Isn't that what many of you Xbox fans were talking about before this gen started concerning the DRM, used games, and mandatory Kinect?  It wouldn't matter to the average consumer, only fanboys of other sides on the internet cared and couldn't make a difference?  And that's why many perdicted the One still winning in the US and UK handedly?  Now, I haven't been following the sales too closely, so could you tell me how that worked out for MS? 

Yeah, it would turn some people the One and it would also hurt Sony on potential profits. So its not gonna happen for a little thing like resolution.

I'm ignoring the rest of your comments because its just pointless ranting.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
ICStats said:

Lol that would be so stupid. If that was the plan, to say that they had the same resolution because they took Microsofts bag of cash, not worth it. The damage this has done is so bad.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
ICStats said:

Lol that would be so stupid. If that was the plan, to say that they had the same resolution because they took Microsofts bag of cash, not worth it. The damage this has done is so bad.

True, but that's what they did last year for Black Flag.  http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/assassins_creed_4_black_flag/news/assassins_creed_4_ps4_1080p_patch_available_to_download_now.html

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
Ali_16x said:
ICStats said:

True, but that's what they did last year for Black Flag.  http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/assassins_creed_4_black_flag/news/assassins_creed_4_ps4_1080p_patch_available_to_download_now.html

Has PS4 had resolution patches post launch?

Recently Completed

thismeintiel said:
FatedReality said:
thismeintiel said:

bevochan said:

The twitter blow up is stupid.  Any press, regardless if it's negative, is good press for ubisoft.  Ubisoft doesn't care about the twitter movement, and people doing the twitter hashtag movement are stupid.  The only way Ubisoft will care is if people actually don't buy the game.  Not sure if the twitter movement will do that.  Ubisoft will ONLY listen to the consumer's wallet.

Start a new hashtag #boycottACUnity

If anything can be taken from this gen, it should be that that statement is complete BS.  Bad press is bad press.  And sometimes you cannot recover from it.  Just look at the situation the XBO is in.  If anything, the Twitter blow up will inform more people, which may lead to them not purchasing the game.  Same thing happened with DRM and mandatory Kinect.

The Unity parity situation is no where near as big as MS DRM and Kinect. They are also two completly different scenarios. The failure of DRM and Kinect was  becuase it was anticonsumer and was too confusing for the consumer.

I see this Unity debacle a lot like how people say they're going to boycott every COD game becuase of a lack of dedicated servers. Few gamers refuse to buy the game while the casuals (The majority) buy the game in masses. AC while see no huge loss in sales due to this resulotion parity.

Did I say it was on the same level?  No.  What I said is bad news is in fact bad news.  And if a company doesn't do its best to get rid of it ASAP, it can stay with them for months/years. 

And this is pretty anti-consumer (if you bought a PS4), since its pretty obvious that the PS4 has enough power to run this game at 1080p if the XBO can pull it off at 900p.  Either that or the game better be MUCH better looking on the PS4 if they are going for the same res and FPS.  Of course, we both know they will be around the same graphic quality.  This is a dev purposely gimping a game to reach parity.  That's a horrible practise to support, one that seems to be new to console gaming this gen.

The COD fans complained every year, but COD sold well for many years.  So Activision just kept doing their thing.  I doubt Ubisoft will care about people getting mad about parity as long as they don't lose sales. 

#BoycottACUnityPS4

Mr Puggsly said:

Well good luck to them on trying to convince fans not to buy the next AC.

I don't think 900p is a deal breaker.

It will certainly cut into sales to a certain extent, but that's not the point and never was IMO. What this does is add yet more negativity to an already struggling company and damages the reputation of Ubisoft even further. It will have a knock on effect over the coming years and eventually lots of people will find other franchises to follow and Ubisoft will struggle more and more. It happened to Square and it will also happen to Crystal Dynamics after the Tombraider deal.

Some people will always mindlessly buy games like COD, Madden, FIFA or Assassins Creed. The problem with these people is that these games are ALL they buy. They don't even consider other games; they have no interest in diversifying. That is NOT the sort of customer that helps strengthen the industry, it's the sort of customer that shrinks the diversity. This then leads to the people who ARE real gamers and do appreciate diversity eventually getting bored and moving on.

The PS5 Exists.