By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Where are Driveclub reviews?

Euphoria14 said:
I am enjoying this debate as I have learned a lot.

For example, I have learned that PGR is all about backgrounds and radio stations.

You didn't know ? GTA is the best PGR-like ever. Lots of city backgrounds and lots of radio stations.

Around the Network

I get the feeling it will be in the 70s. Visuals will be great and probably a good implemented multiplayer, but it might not play as well as it looks.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Theonemind said:
Chris Hu said:

Racing might be racing to you but not in PGR where all the races are street races taking place in various cities around the world.

You are now arguing the track backgrounds are why it is nothing like PGR lmao.  Give up man. 

Well both MSR and PGR (MSR true spiritual successor) are street racers those are the facts.  Anyone that claims otherwise never played any of the games in the series.

Chris Hu said:
Theonemind said:
Chris Hu said:

Racing might be racing to you but not in PGR where all the races are street races taking place in various cities around the world.

You are now arguing the track backgrounds are why it is nothing like PGR lmao.  Give up man. 

Well both MSR and PGR (MSR true spiritual successor) are street racers those are the facts.  Anyone that claims otherwise never played any of the games in the series.

That is just the track backgrounds..... How it races is what matters most background lol.  You reaching,  people have played all those games and disagree with you..... Someone even posted a link. 

Areym said:
I get the feeling it will be in the 70s. Visuals will be great and probably a good implemented multiplayer, but it might not play as well as it looks.

How did you come to that conclusion...?  People playing it now says it does indeed play as well as it looks.  Handling,  AI and sense of speed are excellent

Around the Network
Theonemind said:
walsufnir said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
this will be another case of reviews trash it and gamers love it, i cant wait for my free psplus edition to try it

Why would gamers love it in the first place? And why so defensive? Let's just people try it out and everyone builds up his own mind. This includes reviewers.

Game leaked early and impressions are excellent.  One reviewer tweeted surprise of 2014. Gamers love good games. 

How would this game surprise anyone now? The game and footage is known since a very, very long time.

walsufnir said:
Theonemind said:
walsufnir said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
this will be another case of reviews trash it and gamers love it, i cant wait for my free psplus edition to try it

Why would gamers love it in the first place? And why so defensive? Let's just people try it out and everyone builds up his own mind. This includes reviewers.

Game leaked early and impressions are excellent.  One reviewer tweeted surprise of 2014. Gamers love good games. 

How would this game surprise anyone now? The game and footage is known since a very, very long time.

Footage does not equal real game play. ... . It is better then people expected after what they played before the delay.  You cannot sense how a racer plays from videos. 

Theonemind said:
walsufnir said:

Footage does not equal real game play. ... . It is better then people expected after what they played before the delay.  You cannot sense how a racer plays from videos. 

Of course it does not but people were actually really hyped by the footage and it seems gameplay wise it seems to be good, too. But given how much time/money they spent on this title I didn't expect anything less. Calling it a surprise is not fitting, in my opinion. Shadow of Mordor is way more of a surprise.

Theonemind said:
Chris Hu said:

The scenery is an importan aspect of driveclub, where project gotham is a city racer, driveclub tries and mostly succeed at resembling how wonderful racing outside actual racetracks can be, just you a beatiful and a set of wonderful cars which race against eachother. Whereas PGR resembles the thrill of streettrack racing. Though denying that both of these games aim to be the ideal mix between arcade and Sim is not true and that is one very important aspect of Driveclub. But saying driveclub is the direct spiritual succesor of PGR seems a bit to much of a long shot for me especially since Grid comes closer to PGR than Driveclub.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Areym said:

From the latest previews I understand the car handling is great, but critics will break this game for multiple points:

Hype -6
The lack of weather at launch -3
The lack of a photomode -3
Not having 100 cars -3
Having only 55 tracks -3
Minor flaws -2
= 80

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar