By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Where are Driveclub reviews?

Chris Hu said:

PGR is all about street races Driveclub has zero street races.  Anyone that even thinks that the two games are even somewhat similar is reaching.

Wow... You really have a problem, you should talk about it. Do you have nightmares about Driveclub being renamed "PGR Next" ?

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
fatslob-:O said:
Chris Hu said:

Only because it has point system doesn't make it similar to PGR but I know by personal experience that the point system in the Horizon games is very similar to the kudos system in PGR.

Not only is there a scoring system for performing maneuvers but the handling controls in both games are comparative ...

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/05/22/e3-2014-driveclub-channels-pgrs-racing-spirit

This piece ends your qualms about Driveclub not being similar to PGR. After having read an Xbox guru's thoughts about Driveclub who happens to be a fan of PGR says otherwise so I think we can dismiss your argument for the most part. 

You heard it here people, that Xbox guru is excited for Driveclub filling the void left by PGR ...

PGR is all about street races Driveclub has zero street races.  Anyone that even thinks that the two games are even somewhat similar is reaching.

What?  I don't even know what this means. ... The racing is racing it being in a city sweet or not doesn't make any difference it is eye candy lol

Chris Hu said:

Backgrounds make no difference in the gameplay ... Whether you like it or not Driveclub IS similar to PGR and that is coming from an Xbox guru who's a fan of PGR.

There may be different themes but that doesn't change what the rest of the game is supposed to achieve and deliver ... 

Racing might be racing to you but not in PGR where all the races are street races taking place in various cities around the world.

Reviewers are either in shock or died because it looked so real. This happens sometimes, nothing that you can do about it.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Chris Hu said:

Backgrounds make no difference in the gameplay ... Whether you like it or not Driveclub IS similar to PGR and that is coming from an Xbox guru who's a fan of PGR.

There may be different themes but that doesn't change what the rest of the game is supposed to achieve and deliver ... 

Nope background makes a huge difference especially since all the races in every PGR game are street races.

Chris Hu said:

Racing might be racing to you but not in PGR where all the races are street races taking place in various cities around the world.

You are now arguing the track backgrounds are why it is nothing like PGR lmao.  Give up man. 

Faelco said:
Chris Hu said:

Wow... You really have a problem, you should talk about it. Do you have nightmares about Driveclub being renamed "PGR Next" ?

Nope, since its not even similar to PGR.

I am enjoying this debate as I have learned a lot.

For example, I have learned that PGR is all about backgrounds and radio stations.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
I am enjoying this debate as I have learned a lot.

For example, I have learned that PGR is all about backgrounds and radio stations.

Lol damn preorder cancelled