By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Where are Driveclub reviews?

walsufnir said:
Theonemind said:
walsufnir said:

How would this game surprise anyone now? The game and footage is known since a very, very long time.

Footage does not equal real game play. ... . It is better then people expected after what they played before the delay.  You cannot sense how a racer plays from videos. 

Of course it does not but people were actually really hyped by the footage and it seems gameplay wise it seems to be good, too. But given how much time/money they spent on this title I didn't expect anything less. Calling it a surprise is not fitting, in my opinion. Shadow of Mordor is way more of a surprise.

You know the budget?  Come on you know this game had a lot of negativity for quite a while,  it being delayed only hurt that. 

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Areym said:
I get the feeling it will be in the 70s. Visuals will be great and probably a good implemented multiplayer, but it might not play as well as it looks.

From the latest previews I understand the car handling is great, but critics will break this game for multiple points:

Hype -6
The lack of weather at launch -3
The lack of a photomode -3
Not having 100 cars -3
Having only 55 tracks -3
Minor flaws -2
= 80

Only 55 tracks,  forza or gt never have that many..... Very few do. It has weather as well.  Just not dynamic at launch. 

Theonemind said:
Areym said:
I get the feeling it will be in the 70s. Visuals will be great and probably a good implemented multiplayer, but it might not play as well as it looks.

How did you come to that conclusion...?  People playing it now says it does indeed play as well as it looks.  Handling,  AI and sense of speed are excellent

It's just me being some what pessimistic. Me and my bro are big fans of evolution studios, we loved the MotorStorm franchise but I just have lowered expectations this new gen.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Theonemind said:
Qwark said:
Areym said:

From the latest previews I understand the car handling is great, but critics will break this game for multiple points:

Hype -6
Not having 100 cars -3
Having only 55 tracks -3
Minor flaws -2
= 80

Only 55 tracks,  forza or gt never have that many..... Very few do. It has weather as well.  Just not dynamic at launch. 

Well technically there are around 20 real different tracks the rest are variations of these tracks, like reverse for point to point and alternate versions for the racetrack. If you can count all variations GT easily beats that number. For me it's still enough but you know critics, bash to bash.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Theonemind said:
Qwark said:
Areym said:

Hype -6
Not having 100 cars -3
Having only 55 tracks -3
Minor flaws -2
= 80

Well technically there are around 20 real different tracks the rest are variations of these tracks, like reverse for point to point and alternate versions for the racetrack. If you can count all trackvariations GT easily beats that number. For me it's still enough but you know critics, bash to bash.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

Nope, since its not even similar to PGR.

But according to a lot of people that played it, it is. I believe them. I've always wanted to play PGR on a PS branded console.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Chris Hu said:

But according to a lot of people that played it, it is. I believe them. I've always wanted to play PGR on a PS branded console.

Racing on the Prague circuit in FM5 is closer to PGR then any track in DriveClub.

Chris Hu said:

Racing on the Prague circuit in FM5 is closer to PGR then any track in DriveClub.

No, they're not saying it reminds of PGR because of the tracks, they're saying it reminds them of PGR because of the way it drives and the sense of speed.

The PS5 Exists. 

Chris Hu said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Chris Hu said:

Sorry, you're not qualified to say that.

LOL, I am, I played PGR 2 and 4 extensively and the Prague circuit in FM5 drives and feels like a track that was inspired by the tracks in PGR.