By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Where are Driveclub reviews?

wary-wallaroo said:
starcraft said:
If I am doing the internet right (and its possible I am not), the embargo lifts in about 11 hours?

I seriously hate when companies wait till the last moment. Good thing I get to try it for free. Completely off topic, but does anyone know when the embargo might be for Evil Within?

I don't know when the Evil Within embargo lifts.

Sadly its often a sign of a bad game to leave the embargo until the last minute. In this case they are giving PS+ players the free trial, so hopefully thats a sign the game isn't too bad.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:
starcraft said:
If I am doing the internet right (and its possible I am not), the embargo lifts in about 11 hours?

I seriously hate when companies wait till the last moment. Good thing I get to try it for free. Completely off topic, but does anyone know when the embargo might be for Evil Within?

Sadly its often a sign of a bad game to leave the embargo until the last minute. In this case they are giving PS+ players the free trial, so hopefully thats a sign the game isn't too bad.

Yup, it's worrying because I'm kind of on the edge. On one hand, it's Mikami, so in my mind there's no way it could possibly be bad... but there's been so little buzz. Anyways, off topic, so I'll drop that. Thanks for the info.

I think this shows how little faith Sony has in dc. Especially if the reviews come oif after the game launches

Also is it true that all the weather is coming later in a patch?  That's what GAF is saying. I thought it was just the dynamic weather

Azerth said:

Also is it true that all the weather is coming later in a patch?  That's what GAF is saying. I thought it was just the dynamic weather

No. What's not there yet is snow/rain/thunder

starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:
starcraft said:

No it isn't. The game might very well end up bad, but it has absolutely nothing to do with embargos. Those are a method for publishers to build hype for the game. Releasing reviews a week before a game releases could be too early and people might end up forgetting about the game by the time it launches. It's to control hype. Acting as if embargos are for bad a reviews is just another silly internet conspiracy theory.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:

No it isn't. The game might very well end up bad, but it has absolutely nothing to do with embargos. Those are a method for publishers to build hype for the game. Releasing reviews a week before a game releases could be too early and people might end up forgetting about the game by the time it launches. It's to control hype. Acting as if embargos are for bad a reviews is just another silly internet conspiracy theory.

This statement is very misleading.

Look, you don't have to have the reviews posted a week before. If you have the reviews posted 2-3 days before, you generate a lot of hype. You are acting like reviews must be posted rediculously long times before the release date.

There is no excusing release date embargos. All it shows is the publisher's fear of the reviews negatively impacting game sales.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:
Fusioncode said:

Look, you don't have to have the reviews posted a week before. If you have the reviews posted 2-3 days before, you generate a lot of hype. You are acting like reviews must be posted rediculously long times before the release date.

There is no excusing release date embargos. All it shows is the publisher's fear of the reviews negatively impacting game sales.

Right. I forgot how poorly Metal Gear Solid IV scored. Oh wait no, it got a 94 on Metacritic. Yeah I'm sure Konami was terrified of the reviews for the game. Why else would they not lift the embargo until the day of release? There can't be any other reason right? 

Fusioncode said:
VanceIX said:
Fusioncode said:

Right. I forgot how poorly Metal Gear Solid IV scored. Oh wait no, it got a 94 on Metacritic. Yeah I'm sure Konami was terrified of the reviews for the game. Why else would they not lift the embargo until the day of release? There can't be any other reason right? 

Oh yeah, because one game completely overshadows the majority that turn out to be mediocre when given embargos. Look at Destiny, Batman Arkham Origins, Ryse: Son of Rome, Sims 4, etc.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:
Fusioncode said:
VanceIX said:

Oh yeah, because one game completely overshadows the majority that turn out to be mediocre when given embargos. Look at Destiny, Batman Arkham Origins, Ryse: Son of Rome, Sims 4, etc.

There's hundreds of examples out there. But you can believe what you want to believe. It really doesn't matter. 

I'm having a hard time with Drive Club.

I love Arcade Racers, this is not an arcade racer. This is some bad hybrid I did not want. The most frustrating thing is the AI. Cars hit you from behind, and you lose momentum but the AI doesn't slow down in the slightest. If you did the same thing you'd be off the track. I have had far to many races end in a loss  because the AI hit me from behind and then they passed me because they do not slow down but I did.  That is not fun, it is extremely frustrating.

It's also nearly impossible to pass people sometimes without hitting them and then you be penalized for speed and the AI is not.

Controls are a problem as well. The cars grip at an unrealistic high level. You can't force drifts to save your life. Well maybe you can but it's incredibly difficult.

This wasn't the racing game I was expecting. On the bright side it's by far the most beautiful and graphically impressive racing game so far.