By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The XenoChronX vs Persona 5 Debate

Me and Kyuu to the conclusion that In terms of sales, hype, exclusivity and graphics, Persona 5 is more omparable game to Xenoblade.

Now, who here thinks Persona 5 on the PS4 will out sell Xenoblade X?

Around the Network

Hmm, outsell? Maybe, but persona generally, doesn't sell that much so it can go either ways tbh but in terms of what I am more excited for, I would have to say Persona 5 over xenoblade

I might actually say X in terms of sales just based on the fact that Xenoblade outsold every persona game (according to vgc) with the fact that it was gamestop exclusive in NA and it suffered from a shit ton of stock shortages

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

On just PS4? Xenoblade might beat it out. Including PS3 Persona 5 would win out easily.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

gooch_destroyer said:

Anyone that knows how to count? it does not seem that hard really, i would be (pleasantly) surprised if it was the other way around, but with the PS3 release and all that we don't know yet about Xenoblade, who knows

It'll definitely be very close ...

Xenoblade Chronicles on the WII didn't even garner a million copies yet the PS4 on the other hand is having trouble in Japan which is an important territory for sales of Persona games but on the bright side we can expect that Persona 5 will have better legs on the PS4 due to the platforms sheer momentum of increasing the userbase.

Around the Network
Busted said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Anyone that knows how to count? it does not seem that hard really, i would be (pleasantly) surprised if it was the other way around, but with the PS3 release and all that we don't know yet about Xenoblade, who knows

*Shrugs* who knows?

If Persona 5 was exclusive on next gen consoles, then the PS4 version selling more than Xenoblade Chronicles X would be guaranteed. Persona 5 also being on the PS3 kind of kills the PS4 sales, especially in Japan.  Pretty unfair when you consider Xenoblade Chronicles X is a first party exclusive of a game that's become very popular, so much that the first game is labeled as one of the best RPGs of last gen.

*edit* Nvm.  Gooch made the thread.  Still an unfair advantage for Nintendo.

BlowoverKing said:
On just PS4? Xenoblade might beat it out. Including PS3 Persona 5 would win out easily.

No way in hell. P5 is the anticipation. Granted they only thing they share is that they are RPGs which is like Comparing Fallout and Chronotrigger, but Persona's fanbase has been growing while Xenos has been shrinking. P5 and Xeno will tie in Japan, P5 will barely beat out Xeno in US, and absolutely dominate Xeno in the UK. All on the PS4.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

fatslob-:O said:
It'll definitely be very close ...

Xenoblade Chronicles on the WII didn't even garner a million copies yet the PS4 on the other hand is having trouble in Japan which is an important territory for sales of Persona games but on the bright side we can expect that Persona 5 will have better legs on the PS4 due to the platforms sheer momentum of increasing the userbase.

Persona has UK, Xeno doesn't. And unlike Japan, they aren't just gonna get the PS3 version.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I've never understood the appeal of Persona to anyone who isn't 13-17 and in high school, if I'm honest.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags