By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The XenoChronX vs Persona 5 Debate

spemanig said:

But Pokemon isn't mean to be relatable to children in the same way that Persona is meant to be relatable to teens. To be fair though, I didn't even like it when I was in the demographic. I get liking Shin Megami Tensei, but I don't get the appeal of Persona at all if you aren't a high schooler.

It turns out that even people outside of high school can enjoy intelligent, enigmatic RPGs with well-defined, conflict-driven characters, a setting that blends modern times with occult elements, and a plot that focuses on mystery and conspiracy.

Crazy, I know.

Given that pretty much every game in existence takes us outside our normal lives, your comment makes no actual sense.  You might as well argue that only active athletes will enjoy sports games or real-world soldiers will enjoy FPS games.

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:

I linked it in another post, give me a second. 

When I said in the EU, I meant it was already released in the EU. Anyway, here's the article. 

Do you know if it's all EU WII owners that are doing it ? How do you know it's not a bunch of NA WII owners doing this ? 

Another thing is how do you know if it isn't a bunch of PC gamers who don't own a WII doing it too since they have an emulator ... 

Piracy is also a bad argument for lost game sales since a majority of them never intended to buy the game in the first place. 

Clyde32 said:
HollyGamer said:

They mentioned for 2014, and the article wroted on Jully i guess about 4 months

the_dengle said:

I don't see how that helps. Neither Xenoblade X nor the PS4 version of P5 are even on that list. It's also a poll of Famitsu's readers, which means nothing as always. Do you really think Persona 5 is going to outsell Monster Hunter, SSB, and Pokemon?

Yup I agree with u "nothing as always "  but the question is how far the demands help the sales of the games ? i am not saying Persona will win by default but the polls will be part of the variable to determine how good the games sales are.

If Xenoblade X were on PS4, it would ravage sales wise IMHO; however, since it is a Wii U title only it will have success for that platform, but much smaller scale wise than titles on the PS4.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Clyde32 said:

When I said in the EU, I meant it was already released in the EU. Anyway, here's the article. 

Do you know if it's all EU WII owners that are doing it ? How do you know it's not a bunch of NA WII owners doing this ? 

Another thing is how do you know if it isn't a bunch of PC gamers who don't own a WII doing it too since they have an emulator ... 

Piracy is also a bad argument for lost game sales since a majority of them never intended to buy the game in the first place. 

It was a lot of NA people doing it as well. I thought I mentioned that, but I guess not. 

How about I use an example. Why do people want Persona 5? Was it because people played previous entries and enjoyed them? I'd say at least 90% of the people who bought(or played) Persona 4 want Persona 5 because they enjoyed the game. Can the same not be said here? Could 75% of the people who played Xenoblade want X?

Clyde32 said:
fatslob-:O said:
Clyde32 said:

It was a lot of NA people doing it as well. I thought I mentioned that, but I guess not. 

How about I use an example. Why do people want Persona 5? Was it because people played previous entries and enjoyed them? I'd say at least 90% of the people who bought(or played) Persona 4 want Persona 5 because they enjoyed the game. Can the same not be said here? Could 75% of the people who played Xenoblade want X?

Is it possible that people who are a fan of the Xeno series as a whole might want this game. It does bring elements from the other series as well.

Clyde32 said:

I'm not sure what your getting at here ... 

It's been pretty much proven that there is a consistent fanbase for Persona games ever since the 3rd iteration. Afterall, P4G sold about just as much as the original did on a Vita but you can't say the same case applies to Xenoblade Chronicles since we lack the data to say so. In Xenoblade's situation it's more of a wait and see apporach at this moment before we can make an analysis of how strong Xenoblade Chronicle's fanbase are ... 

Clyde32 said:

You have a point, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. A pirate is a pirate. They may indeed want to play Xenoblade X, but they also wanted to play Xenoblade and that did not affect its sales in the least.

I'll put my money and weed stash on Persona 5. Xeno will be nice though.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS