By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The XenoChronX vs Persona 5 Debate

veritaz said:

Even though I love Pokemon that's like saying you never understood the appeal of it unless you're a 10 year old boy who likes collecting things. 

OT: I love this comparison  just because it could be either one. It's not a certainty anyone will sell better. I would have to give it to P5 though because of the edge the installbase gives.

But Pokemon isn't mean to be relatable to children in the same way that Persona is meant to be relatable to teens. To be fair though, I didn't even like it when I was in the demographic. I get liking Shin Megami Tensei, but I don't get the appeal of Persona at all if you aren't a high schooler.

Around the Network
Vena said:

It wasn't just GameStop exclusive, it was print limited.

And it has had several reprints.  You can go into any Gamestop and find several "new copies" being sold as used easily.

We should start a Xenoblade Vs Every JRPG series thread. It's literally that good.

Though it will never be a fair fight, Xenoblade will always win.

Don't want to spoil the outcome.

kupomogli said:

And it has had several reprints.  You can go into any Gamestop and find several "new copies" being sold as used easily.

Thats a different matter entirely, when it was actually fresh on release the game was OoS. The recent "reprints" didn't start until the news of X came out, with GameStop cashing in on the hype and limited availability (before they started their "used" releases, the title was only available on limited retailers for >99$).

It'll be close. I think Persona will win out by a small margin due to being on two systems, but honestly, Xenoblade could very well give it a run for its money given the selling power of the original game.

NNID: TheCCluc

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Vena said:

It wasn't just GameStop exclusive, it was print limited.

I don't believe it ever had a reprint. From what I heard, GameStop did as GameStop does, and kept a bunch of sealed copies in warehouses so that they could sell them as "used" at a higher price.

I think Persona 5, overall, will outsell XenoX. I'm not so sure if the PS4 version alone will though.

Aura7541 said:
I think Persona 5, overall, will outsell XenoX. I'm not so sure if the PS4 version alone will though.

That's pretty much the gist of this thread so far.

fatslob-:O said:
It'll definitely be very close ...

Xenoblade Chronicles on the WII didn't even garner a million copies yet the PS4 on the other hand is having trouble in Japan which is an important territory for sales of Persona games but on the bright side we can expect that Persona 5 will have better legs on the PS4 due to the platforms sheer momentum of increasing the userbase.

Remember, Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii was pirated nearly a million times during its first year in EU.

If we were to go by previous iterations of both franchises, Xenoblade would win.