By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why EDGE gave Bayonetta 2 a perfect score

the first was pretty damn crazy,i enjoyed it,surprised they gave this a perfect 10 though,tough for the slasher basher type games to get high praise,good for bayonetta

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
EntilZha said:

"– EDGE says you could “play and replay forever” because of the different accessories, weapons, hidden battles in chapters, online co-op, and more"

Does this game have onlline co-op? I thought I heard it only has local multi-player co-op.

Nah, its online co-op

I just really like the combat and world. Planned to get it from when it was announced.

sundin13 said:
EntilZha said:

"– EDGE says you could “play and replay forever” because of the different accessories, weapons, hidden battles in chapters, online co-op, and more"

Does this game have onlline co-op? I thought I heard it only has local multi-player co-op.

Nah, its online co-op

Cool. I must have been thinking of Hyrule Warriors.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907

Meh, EDGE gave the first game a perfect 10 which alone completely nullifies this accomplishment, was a good 8 at best for me.

Also the 'Meh' is more directed at EDGE since I expect B2 to be as good as the first, just have no respect for that publication! ;(

Around the Network

i like how they say its segas loss and nintendos gain. i really dont think this will gain anything for nintendo wiiu imo

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Edge absolutely gushed about the first one so this isn't a surprise. They acted like it was passed down from heaven. What will be interesting to see is if those writers who gave it a score closer to it's Meta of 90 give Bayonetta 2 a higher score.

LemonSlice said:
Vasto said:

Until now, that is. SEGA’s loss is Nintendo’s gain: Bayonetta, twirling away from a gigantic demon’s maw and smacking the highest choir of angels on the nose, has just given Wi U its first true classic.

First? I beg to differ!

To tell the truth, I think they may be right. Can't see how any of the Wii U games released thus far could deserve being called "a true classic". There are some good games, but we are still waiting for something really breathtaking.

Good for the game. I hope it sells well in NA and moves some consoles. I hope it at least breaks even for Nintendo and they decide to continue releasing such games.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Wow, some very impressive things said.  I know I have been looking fwd to it finally arriving later this month.

It's rare when a sequel is better than the classic. Good on platinum games.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian