By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why 2015 will the best year yet for the Wii U

sidmeiernintifan said:
I don't understand why so many people are sure of Zelda being delayed.

They will have 4 years for producing the game if it is the 2015 November Black Friday game. Skyward Sword is a 2011 game.

Because NIntendo have a habit of delaying their big games, especially Zelda games, and an open world HD Zelda will take a long time to make.

It's nearly the end of the year and we still haven't seen gameplay, just a cutscene.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Because NIntendo have a habit of delaying their big games, especially Zelda games, and an open world HD Zelda will take a long time to make.

It's nearly the end of the year and we still haven't seen gameplay, just a cutscene.

And I hope we don't see any more of the game until next year. Nintendo ought to be a little more mysterious with Zelda, they showed too much of Skyward Sword before release.

Speaking of Skyward Sword, it had its big blow-out at E3 2010 and (I think) wasn't seen again until GDC 2011.

This Zelda game has already been delayed (internally) and has already taken a long time to make. Nintendo waited until they were truly ready to show the game, rather than showing it two years before release like they did Twilight Princess.

So long as it has X, then yeah.

Everything else is just a sweet sweet bonus.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

And I hope we don't see any more of the game until next year. Nintendo ought to be a little more mysterious with Zelda, they showed too much of Skyward Sword before release.

Speaking of Skyward Sword, it had its big blow-out at E3 2010 and (I think) wasn't seen again until GDC 2011.

This Zelda game has already been delayed (internally) and has already taken a long time to make. Nintendo waited until they were truly ready to show the game, rather than showing it two years before release like they did Twilight Princess.

I still think if it was coming next year we would have seen actual gameplay by now. Skyward Sword was playable at E3 2010 but didn't come out until November 2011.

curl-6 said:

I still think if it was coming next year we would have seen actual gameplay by now. Skyward Sword was playable at E3 2010 but didn't come out until November 2011.

Just because they chose not to show gameplay doesn't mean they couldn't have. I don't think Twilight Princess was shown being played until E3 2006. Nintendo said at E3 that they were targeting a 2015 release for Zelda, and they would know better than us whether or not they were on track to meet that goal. It does them no good to make a promise they know they can't keep.

Besides, you saw how smug Aonuma looked in that reveal video. That was not the face of a man who lacked conviction.

If any of the Wii U's supposedly 2015 games is likely to be delayed, it's Star Fox. That game didn't even have a developer attached at E3.

Around the Network

2015 may be the best year of the Wii U life but hopefully the best years are still to come.

In saying that, 2015 will be pivotal in gaining some Wii U momentum. This year has been good but really has only managed to cancel a lot of the negative stigma surrounding the console instead of propelling it upwards.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

Just because they chose not to show gameplay doesn't mean they couldn't have. I don't think Twilight Princess was shown being played until E3 2006. Nintendo said at E3 that they were targeting a 2015 release for Zelda, and they would know better than us whether or not they were on track to meet that goal. It does them no good to make a promise they know they can't keep.

They make promises they can't keep all the time though; Pikmin 3 arriving in the Wii U's launch window, Tropical Freeze releasing in 2013, Xenoblade Chronicles X releasing in 2014...

Zelda U better not get delayed! I really want to play it next year.. :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X will be there to wipe away your tears. :)

Maybe

curl-6 said:
AZWification said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X will be there to wipe away your tears. :)

Maybe

I loved the original Xenoblade, so I guess you're right.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---