By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why 2015 will the best year yet for the Wii U

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

The typical dev cycle of an SD Zelda won't be the same as the typical dev cycle of a HD Zelda though.

And Nintendo could still delay less than six months and release it in Q1-Q2 2016, though I suspect if it doesn't make the window they'll still want to push it as a Christmas holiday game, and therefore hang onto it until November 2016.

For a game of this magnitude, I still don't think we've seen enough of it for it to be only a year away. Think of how much of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword we'd seen 13 months out.

I don't want to argue about it any more. How about a simple bet instead?

80:20 isn't strong enough odds for me to place a bet. Besides, I already won a bet that it wouldn't come out this year so I don't want to push my luck, haha. XD

And for the record, I hope you are right and I am wrong.

Around the Network

BTW, I remember a similar thread to this one for 2013 or 2014.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

burninmylight said:
tsogud said:

I think they will do GCN VC before N64 and tbh I would like that much better. And isn't Captain Toad planned for Holiday 2014? Did I miss something?

What makes you think that?

The reason is because of the gamecube controller adapter, it will give a lot more priority to the GCN VC than the N64 VC.

Some GCN games made good use of the GCN's clickable analog triggers (e.g., Wave Race: Blue Storm, Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX, Super Smash Bros. Melee) and seeing how the gamepad or any other Nintendo controller uses digital shoulder buttons it would take time and money reworking these games to compensate for the missing analog triggers.

It would be far easier and profitable for them just to come out with an adapter for the GCN's controller (which gives you the full experience of the GCN games it was designed for), make it compatible with a big game (Smash Wii U), bundle and sell it with said big game to drive sales for it and then later come out with the GCN VC with only GCN controller compatibility. Having the GCN adapter useful for more than one game will give incentive for people on the fence about buying the GCN adapter and controller.

AND! Nintendo renewed Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem's trademark, which is a GCN game, in July 2013 to include " downloadable electronic game programs" and "downloadable electronic game software" which could point to GCN VC. http://nintendoeverything.com/new-eternal-darkness-trademark-pertains-to-digital-distribution/

Anyways I could be completely wrong and they just do the N64 VC before or even instead of GCN VC, and if they did that, it would seriously be a waste and a missed opportunity both for them and us consumers/fans.

tl;dr: So in short I think GCN VC has a higher priority than N64 VC and to sum-up my reasons I made a quick pro and cons list (including some of my examples) of how it could/could not be a good idea to have a GCN adapter compatible only GCN VC, though I really suggest you read my reasonings above if you haven't already.

Pros:

- It gives people the full experience of the GCN games

- Profitable

- A lot of people still have their GCN controller, so they will only have to buy the adapter

- Compatible with more than one game (the entire GCN library)

- A lot of people would have already bought Smash Wii U and the GCN adapter or at least just Smash Wii U

- A lot of people have missed out on the GCN era and have been wanting GCN VC

- For the first time ever GCN would be on VC (creating some hype around it and the adapter)

Cons:

- You can only play GCN VC with the GCN adapter and controller

- Might not be displayed on the Wii U gamepad

iceland said:
Zelda will most likely get delayed so I don't think so.

Also I think the Wii U has enough platformers...

#Platformerbox

SNES 2.0

tsogud said:
burninmylight said:
tsogud said:

I think they will do GCN VC before N64 and tbh I would like that much better. And isn't Captain Toad planned for Holiday 2014? Did I miss something?

What makes you think that?

The reason is because of the gamecube controller adapter, it will give a lot more priority to the GCN VC than the N64 VC.

Some GCN games made good use of the GCN's clickable analog triggers (e.g., Wave Race: Blue Storm, Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX, Super Smash Bros. Melee) and seeing how the gamepad or any other Nintendo controller uses digital shoulder buttons it would take time and money reworking these games to compensate for the missing analog triggers.

It would be far easier and profitable for them just to come out with an adapter for the GCN's controller (which gives you the full experience of the GCN games it was designed for), make it compatible with a big game (Smash Wii U), bundle and sell it with said big game to drive sales for it and then later come out with the GCN VC with only GCN controller compatibility. Having the GCN adapter useful for more than one game will give incentive for people on the fence about buying the GCN adapter and controller.

AND! Nintendo renewed Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem's trademark, which is a GCN game, in July 2013 to include " downloadable electronic game programs" and "downloadable electronic game software" which could point to GCN VC. http://nintendoeverything.com/new-eternal-darkness-trademark-pertains-to-digital-distribution/

Anyways I could be completely wrong and they just do the N64 VC before or even instead of GCN VC, and if they did that, it would seriously be a waste and a missed opportunity both for them and us consumers/fans.

tl;dr: So in short I think GCN VC has a higher priority than N64 VC and to sum-up my reasons I made a quick pro and cons list (including some of my examples) of how it could/could not be a good idea to have a GCN adapter compatible only GCN VC, though I really suggest you read my reasonings above if you haven't already.

Pros:

- It gives people the full experience of the GCN games

- Profitable

- A lot of people still have their GCN controller, so they will only have to buy the adapter

- Compatible with more than one game (the entire GCN library)

- A lot of people would have already bought Smash Wii U and the GCN adapter or at least just Smash Wii U

- A lot of people have missed out on the GCN era and have been wanting GCN VC

- For the first time ever GCN would be on VC (creating some hype around it and the adapter)

Cons:

- You can only play GCN VC with the GCN adapter and controller

- Might not be displayed on the Wii U gamepad

That's solid reasoning. Now I'm cautiously optimistic. :)

Around the Network
jonathanalis said:
iceland said:
Zelda will most likely get delayed so I don't think so.

Also I think the Wii U has enough platformers...

#Platformerbox

SNES 2.0

SNES had awesome 3rd party support though :(

But yeah, platformers a plenty on Wii U :P

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

I still think if it was coming next year we would have seen actual gameplay by now. Skyward Sword was playable at E3 2010 but didn't come out until November 2011.

Just because they chose not to show gameplay doesn't mean they couldn't have. I don't think Twilight Princess was shown being played until E3 2006. Nintendo said at E3 that they were targeting a 2015 release for Zelda, and they would know better than us whether or not they were on track to meet that goal. It does them no good to make a promise they know they can't keep.

Besides, you saw how smug Aonuma looked in that reveal video. That was not the face of a man who lacked conviction.

If any of the Wii U's supposedly 2015 games is likely to be delayed, it's Star Fox. That game didn't even have a developer attached at E3.

When you have a shortage of games for your platform then you talk about a bunch of games coming soon to get people excited and to get them to buy a Wii u-   Then the games don t show , they string it out ect ect

I can guarantee it actually.

AT least 1+ game a month will keep some sort of momentum, and the two biggest sellers of this year will continue to sell.