By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why 2015 will the best year yet for the Wii U

Star Fox AND Zelda at the same time? Holy shit, I could not handle that. My wallet would cry tears of blood. I hope there's some space between them. Personally, I think Star Fox is more likely to be delayed than Zelda, because Zelda was already delayed. It was ready to be shown at last year's E3, but they delayed it to this year because Aonuma had a change of heart and redid a huge portion of the game. It'll be shown near completion at E3 2015, and be done with development well before its inevitable Black Friday release. Star Fox is being revived from a nearly dead franchise. Miyamoto isn't going to just shove it out the door, he's going to make sure it's good and ready. It's one of his babies, and he's made it his personal project.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I'm talking ambition in terms of the amount of time, resources, money and manpower it will take to complete. 

Nintendo these days frequently fails to meet its deadlines, and I suspect this will be one such case because of its aforementioned demanding nature.

In that case, the most 'ambitious' (costly) game they have ever made is probably Skyward Sword, and it will probably stay that way.

iceland said:
Zelda will most likely get delayed so I don't think so.

Also I think the Wii U has enough platformers...

#Platformerbox

Just a small question, but where do people get this "Insert Game" will be delayed from? I mean i hear this alot and based off of no info.

tbone51 said:
iceland said:

#Platformerbox

Just a small question, but where do people get this "Insert Game" will be delayed from? I mean i hear this alot and based off of no info.

It's based on history, Zelda has a good chance of being delayed.

So far, from the games that have been announced, I'm excpecting at least 4 day-one buys in 2015, maybe 5:

- Zelda
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Splatoon
- Devil's Third
- Possibly Star Fox but it depends, I'll have to see something before deciding if it really is a day-one buy material

And there's always the possibility of a surprise unannounced megaton (Metroid?) coming out in 2015.

I'm not usually a day-one buyer these days (used to be when not working allowed me more time to play), so far of my 10-12 Wii U games only MK8 was day-one buy. I'm planning on 5 day-one buys so that pretty much explains how high my expectations for 2015 are. Please Nintendo, don't mess it up with delays...

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
iceland said:

#Platformerbox

This!

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

I'm talking ambition in terms of the amount of time, resources, money and manpower it will take to complete. 

Nintendo these days frequently fails to meet its deadlines, and I suspect this will be one such case because of its aforementioned demanding nature.

In that case, the most 'ambitious' (costly) game they have ever made is probably Skyward Sword, and it will probably stay that way.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Nintendo pretty much confirmed Zelda WiiU is their biggest project ever.

Best year? How could it be worse...

Giggs_11 said:
the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

If I'm not mistaken, I think Nintendo pretty much confirmed Zelda WiiU is their biggest project ever.

They may have said it's the largest game, but I don't recall them commenting on the size of the dev team or the cost of development.

iceland said:
tbone51 said:
iceland said:

#Platformerbox

It's based on history, Zelda has a good chance of being delayed.

How many LoZ games were delayed out of the 25+ release? I only can think of TP due to being multiplat with the Wii. Maybe SS but i wouldn't kno. That doesn't seem to warrant LoZ being delayed. 

Unless you meant Nintendi games in general which isnt fair as every major company usually delays a game or 2 per year.