By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order: 1886: Sony's Soulless Answer to Gears of War - IB Times

Ka-pi96 said:
Hmm, that doesn't sound good. IMO the best part of the Gears campaign is that it is co-op, while the Order isn't right?

nope no co-op which just seems stupid to me since theres like 4 other char with you

Around the Network
DaltonAbbey said:
celador banned but foodfather wasn't? Surely you jest mods?

Saying he thinks the game will be delayed is not worthy of moderation. Especially when the game has already been delayed once.

Carl2291 said:
DaltonAbbey said:
celador banned but foodfather wasn't? Surely you jest mods?

Saying he thinks the game will be delayed is not worthy of moderation. Especially when the game has already been delayed once.

That's not what he said. He said "greatness will keep awaiting" long after February 2015. Flamebaiting at its finest.

When I've seen more than 15 minutes of what is likely to be a 12 hour plus game, then I'll decide on what content and variety it has.

The PS5 Exists. 

DaltonAbbey said:

That's not what he said. He said "greatness will keep awaiting" long after February 2015. Flamebaiting at its finest.

Nope.

Move it along now, please.

Around the Network
HintHRO said:
I think the pre-order numbers for this game basically proves Playstation gamers are only looking for graphics and shooters. It got pre-ordered A LOT before even gameplay was shown.

Huh? How to the pre-orders for this game prove that? People coulnd't have just been intrigued by the setting and characters? All of that was talked about and shown before GP was as well. And even if someone did pre-order it just for the graphics and because it was a shooter so what? Is that bad or something? What if that really is all they look for in a game? If they enjoy it then what's the issue? I think you just wanted to make a generalization just for the heck of it smh....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Carl2291 said:
DaltonAbbey said:

Nope.

Move it along now, please.

I'm sure he's talking about the PS4's tagline, not The Order, but do whatever you want to do. Moved along.

todd2r said:
This game is going to flop big time.

When you say "flop" do you mean in sales or reviews? Or maybe both?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Ka-pi96 said:
celador said:
foodfather said:
Calling it now, come February 20, 2015... people will still be ''waiting''...

I'd check out some Bloodborne previews and the release date.

Oh, and X1 is the only 8th gen system without an exclusive 90+ meta.  Guess your waiting to jump ahead still?

Nice attempt though

- Moderated, Carl

PS4 doesn't either. So either you're saying it isn't an 8th gen console? Or you think The Last of Us (also on PS3 = not exclusive) counts?

Just to say, nowadays, it seems we talk about "console exclusives"  ( Halo MCC, Forza Horizon) so yeah, i guess TLOU "counts"

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Another pointless preview talking like if they had the game whereas they played 5 min of the same gameplay we all saw thousand times...

Waiting for this game to be a Gears Of War is even more stupid, like those who called The Last Of Us/Uncharted the Gears Of War from Sony.

It's funny, because back in 2007 when I started playing Uncharted, that was the initial thought that ran through my head, even as I was thinking Uncharted is what Tomb Raider should have developed into instead of growing stagnant.  

The first killer app game for the XB360 that made me buy one was Gears of War. Had a lot of fun with it, sampled the multiplayer and eagerly awaited Gears 2, which I never bothered to finish and skipped the multiplayer, and yet I still bought Gears 3, but found myself caring even less about the franchise than after being disappointed by Gears 2.

By contrast, Uncharted went from a very strong debut to a legitimate game of the year in Among Thieves, wrapping up a trilogy in a very satisfying way in Drake's Deception. 

At that point, Uncharted went from being a fun mix of Gears shooter mechanics and Tomb Raider story and exploration/puzzle solving play mechanics to the premiere franchise that I enjoyed as a quality game experience. Gears was no longer comparable to me. 

As for Tomb Raider; it rebooted into a franchise that is a lot more like Uncharted.