By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order: 1886: Sony's Soulless Answer to Gears of War - IB Times

I kind of wanna buy the game regardless, plus i love the setting, the lore and the guns look really cool, also i hate when they compare the game to GOW sure they are both third person cover shooters but aside from that they couldnt be more different.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
radha said:
: /

Stopped caring about this games since I heard its single player only, I was hoping a Borderland 2 kind of game with very nice graphics.

Are you in the right thread?

Sure. when i saw the order the first time with all 4 characters getting out of the carriege i thought it was a multiplayer game with, hopefully, splitscreen too, but is a single player game, the developers seems to aim at creating a uncharted like game, but the game looks very shooter like and that is why it gets compared to gears and not uncharted, think about it, uncherted has drake, it makes sense that it has a single player campaign, but the order is a Team, yet, not coop campaing. :(

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Mr Puggsly said:
I thought it was an answer to Ryse.

i literally lol'd when i read this. as if Ryse needs "an answer".

plip.plop said:
Aerys said:
plip.plop said:
I thought comparisons between Ryse and this were because of QTE's? no?

This game has more similarities with Quantum Break, new IP, cinematographic experience based on a classic gameplay and a story interesting it seems for both.

I thought those comparisons were made earlier before any Quantum Break gameplay footage showed. But there's another game I will buy when it comes out too. People don't seem too high on QB but that game looks amazing. I have full trust in Rememdy to take my money, and make me smile.

I also don't think The Order being a solo game is a bad thing. So many games this gen are going for Multiplayer as the main game. While this is really cool. I still like to sit, and go at games at my own pace.(played Destiny Beta, not purchased the retail)

Also what will happen to all these games when the online community dies? You will own a disc that can't be played at all. These "main story emphasis" multiplayer games should be digital only, and cost about half of retail games. Since they are only big at their release, if you are late to the party.. tough.

I agree, except for few games, to me, single player is the core experience

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

This game is getting shots from left to right and it still has like four to five months to release.

Around the Network

Flop incoming well perhaps bloodborne will Let uw forget about this exclusive Flop.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

A lot of F.U.D for this game, eh?

media were hyping destiny and titanfall and we know how it turns out. february will be fun. can't wait

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

I always thought Uncharted was Sony's answer for Gears..

OT: Although I'm pessimistic about this game, from what I'm reading it seems like they're recycling the same demo. I'll reserve judgement until release.

bananaking21 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
I thought it was an answer to Ryse.

i literally lol'd when i read this. as if Ryse needs "an answer".

Yeah, that's the joke.

Responding to a mediocre game with a mediocre game.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)