By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order: 1886: Sony's Soulless Answer to Gears of War - IB Times

GribbleGrunger said:
vivster said:
Mr Puggsly said:
I thought it was an answer to Ryse.

Well it is, isn't it?

Pretty graphics and no gameplay behind it.

And you know that, how? I've seen gameplay and from what I've seen it's very good but in no way does what I've seen represent the eperience of the WHOLE game.

Impressions are a fun thing. I've seen gameplay and from what I've seen it's very boring.

Of course no one pretends to know the whole experience. I said it in some other thread already. Either the gameplay we've seen is very representative of the gameplay or  Ready at Dawn sucks at choosing good scenes to demo.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I'm not entirely sure whether the hype behind The Order is really warranted.

It does kind of seem like Ryse, not because the games are similar, but because they are both new IPs being hyped as console exclusives that are reasons to buy X console, relying heavily upon the wow factor of new gen visuals rather than the fundamentals that make most successful games great.

celador said:
foodfather said:
Calling it now, come February 20, 2015... people will still be ''waiting''...

I'd check out some Bloodborne previews and the release date.

Oh, and X1 is the only 8th gen system without an exclusive 90+ meta.  Guess your waiting to jump ahead still?

Nice attempt though

- Moderated, Carl

You know, I did forget about Bloodborn, and theres that f2p rpg, deep dawn or someting like that that out this holiday?

I thought comparisons between Ryse and this were because of QTE's? no?

plip.plop said:

This game has more similarities with Quantum Break, new IP, single player only, good visuals/physic, cinematographic experience based on a classic gameplay and a story interesting it seems for both.

But people hate The Order because...First they thought the game would be " Grey Order  just like Grey Of war lol ", then they've been proved wrong thanks to the last trailer, and now, they judge the game on 5min, always the same 5min ( but to be fair, the dev didnt choose well, bad idea to show an average sequence )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

: /

Stopped caring about this games since I heard its single player only, I was hoping a Borderland 2 kind of game with very nice graphics.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

lol i didnt bother reading an article with such a crap title. You know what's Sony's answer to Gears? It's called Uncharted and it's gotten bigger than Gears.

And you know what's Microsoft moneyhatting answer to Uncharted? Tomb Raider.

I am still excited for it. Day one buy.

radha said:
: /

Stopped caring about this games since I heard its single player only, I was hoping a Borderland 2 kind of game with very nice graphics.

Are you in the right thread?

The PS5 Exists. 

Aerys said:
plip.plop said:

This game has more similarities with Quantum Break, new IP, cinematographic experience based on a classic gameplay and a story interesting it seems for both.

I thought those comparisons were made earlier before any Quantum Break gameplay footage showed. But there's another game I will buy when it comes out too. People don't seem too high on QB but that game looks amazing. I have full trust in Rememdy to take my money, and make me smile.

I also don't think The Order being a solo game is a bad thing. So many games this gen are going for Multiplayer as the main game. While this is really cool. I still like to sit, and go at games at my own pace.(played Destiny Beta, not purchased the retail)

Also what will happen to all these games when the online community dies? You will own a disc that can't be played at all. These "main story emphasis" multiplayer games should be digital only, and cost about half of retail games. Since they are only big at their release, if you are late to the party.. tough.