By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - xbone + wiii u will outsell the ps4 this holiday and sony will not have 50% marketshare by the end of the year (LTD)

will the ps4 have 5% LTD by years end

yes 104 59.77%

no 70 40.23%

Total:174
RubberWhistleHistle said:

a lot of people think the ps4 is going to get 50% marketshare for this generation by year's end.  it is my contention that it will not.

sony got its biggest game it had left for the year (destiny) already come out while nintendo and microsoft have yet to release theirs.  

smash bros is certainly going to increase wii u sales, along with the fact that nintendo typically tends to benefit more from holiday sales than the other two.

mcc is going to also cause a huge increase in xbone sales. 

both of these games are going to be hot holiday items. moreso than destiny.

so there is no way that ps4 is going to outsell both of those consoles combined when those games drop. its just not happening, captain. 

The amount of innaccuracies in this post is astounding. First off, Destiny was also microsoft's biggest game as well, FH2 will not outsell it. Forza sales are on the decline, and FH2 will likely not even reason 2 million. I think most people can agree also, the MK8 is a bigger release the SSB. And given that ssb is on the 3ds as well, I don't think that it will really cause that huge of an impact. And as for MCC, it's a remake. It could do really well, or it could do nothing. I think a lot of people who own an xbox one will get it, but I don't know if it will push people over the edge into getting an xbox one. And Finally, I'm betting Destiny will end up being bigger on the xbone than MCC will be. 

On yeah, and you might want to look at your nintendo gets helped more in the holidays factoid, because it's completely false.

Around the Network

Sony won't have 50% marketshare by the end of the year. Give it time, it might happen.

Now, the Xbox One and the Wii U won't outsell the PS4, not even combined.

Op continues to be obsessed with the dominance of PS4

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186682&page=1

LTD,. no way.

YTD,. probably.

MCC has like 70k pre-orders, 8 weeks from launch, not very impressive (although it will probably grow expotentially as we get closer to launch)

Sony has DriveClub, LBP3 and Far Cry 4 with them. They are not big system sellers (with LBP3 having the most potential to push hardware) but that's still plenty of options for PS4 gamers, across three different genres.

The PS4 will do just fine. Besides, it's sitting on lik 60% something marketshare right now, that's pretty damn good if you ask me.

Lastly, Nintendo's holiday dominance is over. Their console is getting their asses handed to them by the PS3. Smash Bros will sales lots of console, but past that, not sure what they will do.

EDIT: It's also super cute you have to combine forces, instead of going at it individuallly. Very cute. Continue downplaying the PS4 though, it brings us joy.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

People keep harping on about "biggest games" and asony not having any left..... guess what, Sony doesn't need a "big game" to completely dominate this Holiday.

When will people understand this? Probably whe it happens. I look forward to next year when we can put all of this to rest

wary-wallaroo said:
People keep harping on about "biggest games" and asony not having any left..... guess what, Sony doesn't need a "big game" to completely dominate this Holiday.

When will people understand this? Probably whe it happens. I look forward to next year when we can put all of this to rest

This is very true and an accurate description of the current market situation. People have such great confidence in the PS4 they are okay with few releases. 

For the record, I have absolutely 0 faith in the XB1 and Wii U. They may have the biggest games in the present but they won't for 2015 and beyond.  Wii U is running on steam and XB1 is playing all its cards this year. 

About the poll: will the ps4 have 5% LTD by years end

Sure, they already have and it is unlikely they will lose much to the end of the year.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I think what the poll is asking is if the PS4 will leave 5% market share for the rest of the consoles

I'd say that is a definite maybe! 95% isn't that easy to reach after all.

Wait I could have SWORN you already had a thread like this one that you made a WHILE ago......or was it slightly different but still said the same thing? I will have to go look it up now lol.

And isn't the PS4 already over 50% market share right now for 2014 or am I mistaken? Well either way it will be very close by years end IMO.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23