By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - xbone + wiii u will outsell the ps4 this holiday and sony will not have 50% marketshare by the end of the year (LTD)

will the ps4 have 5% LTD by years end

yes 104 59.77%

no 70 40.23%

Total:174

I think PS4 will be at 16-16.5 million by the end of the year, Xb one will be at about 8.5 million and Wii U will be at about 10 million. So PS4 will be about 2-2.5 million short of 50%

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I think you should compare the 2014 sales so far and get back to us. Its clear that the PS4 will have around 50% market share.

Oh, i noticed you meant LTD. LTD wont this year, but it will be a matter of time.

It will have more than 50% in 2014

LTD, it will be vert close, XB1 will reach 9M at the best , WiiU 10M and PS4 18M so very close

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Wii U had MK8 which is waay bigger than Smash Bros and it didnt even come close to outselling PS4.

Xbone had a shut ton of bundles, price cuts, Titanfall, (as well as destiny) new launches and it its still being outsold by PS4 4-2:1

People really are desperate for PS4 not to win, they really want those 2007 days back

@Kane1389 I agree. People should just accept that the things that happened last generation are history. Fact is the PS4 has over 60% marketshare in 2014, we can argue all we want about marketshares but I don't see why that number would suddenly go down.

Around the Network

Lmao at this thread. Using x1 and wii_u combined to what, try and downplay ps4? What's the point?

kowenicki said:
thespanishflew said:
Lmao at this thread. Using x1 and wii_u combined to what, try and downplay ps4? What's the point?

its a 50% marketshare thread.... somewhat of a tradition on VGC.  Whats your problem with it?

Dont like it...? stay out of it.  Simple.

Maybe take your own advice and ignore posts you don't like instead of trolling? You don't dictate to me. PS4 is also over 60 % for the year. Truth hurts.

I guess OP is meaning LTD 50% marketshare, not weekly, that PS4 is currently quite often exceeding.
So, for the most difficult goal to be achieved, PS4 should outsell both competitors combined by more than 1.8M in 15 weeks, that is more than 120k/week lead on competitors combined on average for 15 weeks.
I really don't know whether it can do it or not, but I guess putting down the numbers can help people getting an idea of things.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

kowenicki said:
thespanishflew said:

its a 50% marketshare thread.... somewhat of a tradition on VGC.  Whats your problem with it?

Dont like it...? stay out of it.  Simple.

Eh, I can remember Wii used to receive shitloads of them in its golden years!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Take that, Sony!

BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED~