By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will it take to buy the console that you don't have this generation?

PS4: Get the price under $200, and either add backwards compatibility through some form of black magic or fix PSNow so I can actually play PS3 games on it. Then maybe I'll bite.

XB1: Bundle it with a BJ, sell it for $100 and give me a $150 rebate. Don't skimp on the BJ either, that better be top-notch.

Vita: $150 or less for the portable version, with at least 4 gigs of internal memory (or bundled with a 4 gig card). It also needs some games I'd actually want to play, as I'm hard-pressed to think of games I'd buy for it even if I had one already.

Wii U: Just waiting on Xenoblade X at this point.

Around the Network

PS4 - Have it

Wii U - Already planning to buy one. Hopefully, relatively soon. It will depend on deals if I get one this Holiday or not.

XBO - No interest, With a PS4, I don't see much need for it. With that said, I'm sure it's a great console too.

3DS - No interest. Had it, sold it, no regrets

PS Vita - I could use it as a streaming add-on. Maybe I'd consider it at $150 or so. Preferably, $100

Nothing.

Microsoft tried to bend me over and screw me so they won't receive anything from my wallet.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

A better job.

I know... my English sucks.

Xbox One - Not sure really. I don't really like the thought of having 3 consoles and a gaming PC. The games would have to be revolutionary and mind blowing. Unlike anything I'd ever played before and would have to herald a true justification for shelling out on a new console.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
curl-6 said:

To get a PS4 or Xbone one I need a price cut to $299 AUD (They're currently $550-$599 AUD) and either a next gen Monster Hunter or a next gen Bioshock that I can't get on Wii U.

Xbox One is currently $499 (without Kinect).

But I doubt we'll see another Bioshock for at least 18 months, so no rush!

I hadn't seen that, thanks.

Yeah, I'll probably end up getting either an Xbone or a PS4 in 2016.

I have a Wii U & Xbox One that I'm pretty satisfied with at the moment. PS4 would need a few exclusives that really interest me and a pretty steep price cut before I seriously consider it.

Wii U: at this point I don't think there is anything that will get me to buy it. (have owned all prior Nintendo consoles but this one I think will be a complete skip)
PS4 : some games worth playing and a price cut. maybe mid next year.
XBO : already have it (garden warfare is what made me buy early otherwise would have waited till after MCC)

Don't have have any.

It would take Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Final Fantasy XV, Bloodborne to be released for me to buy the Playstation 4.

It would take Sony to withdraw from gaming business for me to buy a Wii U.

It would take hell to freeze over & pigs to fly for me to buy a Xbox One

TheLegendaryWolf said:
For PS4 and XB1, FREE online. It should be a choice not mandatory for online games.

I totally understand what you're saying.

I just want to point out that PS+ on PS4 is not required for all games. It depends on the game developers if they want to or not.

Final Fantasy XIV, War Thunder, and Blacklight Retribution etc are online only games, and you don't need PS+ for them.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5