By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny: Scrapped Story, Held Back Content, and On Disc DLC

Carl2291 said:
chocoloco said:

Since we started this:

Borderlands + Borderlands 2 = Epic fun, humor, and local co-op

Destiny= Redundancy, easy shit, farming, and grinding.

If Borderlands 3 ended up being something similar to Destiny in regards to the MMO stuff, I think I would be quite happy just as long as it keeps the humor and local co-op.

BorderWorlds.

Agreed. I have played more local co-op with the two borderlands games then any other game series. And I play with friends, or family local coop on just about every local co-op game on Playstation and Xbox.

Around the Network

Heh, that's so damn sad.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

There we go, i found him.   At the end of kings watch, you encounter..  The ultra Captain!!!!

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

ethomaz said:

Teeqoz said:

Not even Borderlands?

Destiny is way better than Borderlands IMO.

PS. Borderlands > Borderlands 2

I'm not gonna argue which is better. Apples and oranges.

But one thing is certain, Destiny's campaign is a pile of hot garbage compared to Borderlands. Destiny also has less content even before DLC. Which isn't surprising because as suspected Destiny was a rushed incomplete product.

Both games are worth playing because they do some great things where the other fails. Well... Destiny doesn't do anything great yet... but it might in 10 years. :-p

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It's funny that if you think about it, that they could've gotten a better score if that content was unlocked^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Teeqoz said:

Nope, Borderlands 2 is clearly the better game

Clear is a strong word.

• Characters are better on Borderlands
  • Classes are better on Borderlands 
  • Weapons Proficiency are better on Borderlands.
  • FPS gameplay is better on Borderlands
  • Loot system is better on Borderlands
  • Better story
  • Better weapons
  • Art Style is better on Borderlands 2

I can go on.

What a disaster of epic proportions this game has been. So long, Bungie.

Sounds really bad and greedy, time to sale it of maybe.

vivster said:
It's funny that if you think about it, that they could've gotten a better score if that content was unlocked^^

So Activision has them pull a lot of the content out of the game to sell as DLC. Activision then makes money on that DLC, AND doesn't have to pay Bungie their metascore bonuses, meaning even more money. Well played.

In seriousness, hell yeah it would have gotten them better scores. The amount of content in the game is a joke. I was on a fireteam doing Queens content last night and we got the same strike 3 times in the span of like 90 minutes. Bounty to kill Sepkis Prime. Mission to kill Sepkis Prime. Another mission to kill Sepkis Prime. Yuck.

Which, by the way, is the last Queens Fury or whatever content I will ever do. Since Bungie removed shards for breaking down the legendary duplicates, there's no reason to play them anymore.

Just one of many decisions they made where they didn't really seem to plan 2 steps ahead.

Yup, continuing the proud traditions of the industry from the 7th gen, there's a reason why I think the 7th generation is the worst one we've ever had by far.