By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny: Scrapped Story, Held Back Content, and On Disc DLC

roborad said:
knew this sort of crap would happen once Activision got involved.
Well, whoever was responsible for this sucks.

See, I didn't think it would happen just because Activision was involved. Look at Call of Duty. Say what you want about the quality of the franchise, but the games pretty much always ship with a meaty campaign (for a shooter anyway), extremely content packed MP, and a wealth of co-op content too. There has never been a CoD game where it seemed like they cut something out for launch and resold it later as DLC.

Maybe they thought they needed to milk Destiny for all its worth as a new IP.

Around the Network

Ka-pi96 said:

But... Gaige?

I didn't play her because it was a post launc DLC... I got Platinum in Borderlands 2 before this DLC reach the store.

PS. Curious that I bought all the Borderlands DLCs and none on Borderlands 2 lol

Wasn't the Vault of Glass raid locked out for the first couple weeks too? Maybe the glitched area is just another raid that they haven't unlocked yet.

From Deej over at Bungie.net

Hey, Bungie Community.

I hope you had a nice weekend.

We noticed that you noticed that we already have plans for upcoming content packs in Destiny.

We do! They have activity names (which may or may not change) and we have a really good idea what they're going to contain. They even have placeholder nodes in the Director, as you've already discovered.

But neither of the Expansion Packs we've announced are finished.

People at Bungie are hard at work to complete content for our first post launch pack, "The Dark Below," as I type these words. It will be finished soon. It releases in December. Soon, we'll detail it out for you so you can see exactly what we've been working on.

Thanks for playing. Thanks for the passion. We know you want details. We'll talk more soon.

WTF Bungie. You have the DLC On Dick already and it will be pushed back from November do December? Why if it already exists in the game? lol lol lol

darkshadow23 said:
Wasn't the Vault of Glass raid locked out for the first couple weeks too? Maybe the glitched area is just another raid that they haven't unlocked yet.

correct.   also the iron banner is coming soon.  but panties don't just bunch themselves..

Around the Network

I have learnt a valuable lesson from all of this.

Never pre-order unless it's Nintendo or Naughty Dog.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

kitler53 said:
darkshadow23 said:

correct.   also the iron banner is coming soon.  but panties don't just bunch themselves..

I also noticed in the video that OP provided had a lot of locked missions and other stuff that is actually already unlocked. I know I saw several of the missions and strikes that the guy in the video went over had the same names as the missions/strikes that I've played lol.

From DeeJ.

In response to this quote: "GIVE US A SCHEDULE AND COMMUNICATE BETTER: This is my final plea to Bungie. The game is already out; we don't need to be left in the dark anymore. They need to tell us when content is being released and what we can expect so that we can voice our opinions better and prevent them from making more mistakes."

I would offer this:

'The Dark Below' is the continuation of the Destiny story. It's being released in December. It will contain content that is being completed and enhanced as I type these words. We'll detail that out soon so you can make your own decisions.

As for communication, there are now 5 articles about Destiny updates (http://www.bungie.net/en/News#cat=updates&creationDate=0&page=1) as well as some revealing Dev Notes (http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Dev-Notes/en/News/News?aid=12188) that speak a lot to what we've learned and how we're reacting. That falls outside the other content I'm publishing whenever I can to open a window into our studio.

I'm not here to argue with you. I believe that, as the player, your emotional reactions to our games are never wrong. Those magical things that happen in your brain when you play are not things I would ever try to talk you out of. We learn from them. We listen to that because it's valuable to us.

What I would say is that Destiny rests on a foundation, and we're building on it. Many people are playing, and we're working to honor that passion and enthusiasm by supporting the experience. There are always things we can do to make the game better, and we're being aggressive about doing them.

And, this conversation will continue. Sincerely, I thank you for playing, and for talking about what you want Destiny to be. It's my job to give you a voice in our house, so don't stop talking.

I'll be around.

Based Bungie... can't wait the first Expansion.

Predition time: in no time everybody will be in love with Bungie again and playing Destiny non-stop.

darkshadow23 said:
kitler53 said:
darkshadow23 said:

I also noticed in the video that OP provided had a lot of locked missions and other stuff that is actually already unlocked. I know I saw several of the missions and strikes that the guy in the video went over had the same names as the missions/strikes that I've played lol.

Of course some of it is unlocked. The glitch shows you everything already in the game and the stuff planned for expansion.

"requirements not yet met" = it's in the game right now
"expansion required" = DLC

i am only still playing this game cause i have nothing else to play until tonight when i go and pick up Hyrule Warriors and after that i am pretty much done with Destiny