By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox exclusive D4 flops with less than 10k copies sold in first week (according to the game's leaderboards)

I love how some people try to make this out to be MS's fault, even if they had advertised this small game it would of still sold poorly. Anyway I'll wait to see how the legs of the game do, if it can manage 50k then I'd call that solid sales.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
I love how some people try to make this out to be MS's fault, even if they had advertised this small game it would of still sold poorly. Anyway I'll wait to see how the legs of the game do, if it can manage 50k then I'd call that solid sales.

But it's the truth, nothing says the game would have sold poorly with good marketing and more time, it could have been at 100K right now maybe.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
NobleTeam360 said:

But it's the truth, nothing says the game would have sold poorly with good marketing and more time, it could have been at 100K right now maybe.

Are you serious? This is a type of game that some people rather watch than play.

It's an interactive TV series.

A new IP like this rarely sells well.

This was never the type of game that people were going to rush out and buy at release.

thismeintiel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Time to go multiplat. This is the problem with going XBO exclusive these days.

Fixed.

No games need to be exclusive at this point and time unless they are published by the platform holder. Unless Sony pulls away even further by next year I dont think there should be an exclusive deals for any brand.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Aerys said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Are you serious? This is a type of game that some people rather watch than play.

It's an interactive TV series.

A new IP like this rarely sells well.

It's just like Phoenix Wright, mixed with Beyond, a new IP like this can sell at least decent with a bit of marketing

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

It is a shame. I haven't supported it because I own no Xbox One, but I certainly would. I'm a Swery fanboy, and it's heart-shattering to see his game failing.

I don't get all the hate. One developer actually tries something with make the XB1 unique, one thing to bring japanese fans over, and you guys are all "deseverd!", "should have been on PS4!", "XB1 is no place for this kind of game".

I do agree that launching the game if one day prior to the release date annoucment was not the best idea, but i care most about the game quality than the game advertising. Good games should sell well.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

It also received some bad reviews, so it's not just a problem of less exposure.

I highly doubt many people even knew about this game before its release! :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---