By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2 Debut Sales in Japan are 7x Higher than The Wonderful 101

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:
I distinctly remember debating with someone on here who said there was no reason to believe Bayonetta 2 would perform any better than Wonderful 101...

So one person was proved wrong. Nintendo fans win again.

Screw the Nintendo fans, I just love being able to play the "I told you so" card. ;)

Around the Network
hated_individual said

Stop with excuses, denial and ignorance...

Original Bayonetta had two more days and didn't had digital version available at launch...

Cmon, keep up with lies

Original Bayonetta had ONE more day.

Cmon, keep up with lies

hated_individual said:
DerNebel said:
hated_individual said:
DerNebel said:

It's a flop. Period. Other games flopping as well doesn't change that. Look at what the first Bayonetta did in Japan and compare it to this.

Your denial is annoying... Your logic is flawed...  Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 released in very different circumstances and conditions... Don't be ignorant.

read this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=131764628&postcount=1560

I'm being ignorant and in denial? Don't make me laugh. The only ones being ignorant and in denial regarding this whole situation are the people trying to uptalk it "oh it's only 1 day uuh 2 days I mean (funny how playeressence corrected that) wait for a whole week","uh the market is different now (360 had less systems sold when the game released in Japan)","it's Nintendo it'll have legs" and all that bullshit is nothing but spin to try and cover up that Bayonetta 2 did shit in Japan.

Yes you are...

bold; ignoring IGN I see when they claimed a full week of sales for Bayonetta 2 then corrected it

underline Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 had DMC 4 before Bayonetta which share similarities which help enstablish Hack N Slash fanbase/audience of its type...

italic Original Bayo had legs and 2 is being published and funded by Nintendo and is exclusive to Wii U

bold 2 you are jumping to conclusion and you took the bait of mainstream sites and their spins like with Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze... IGNorant...

Original Bayonetta had two more days and didn't had digital version available at launch...

We don't know digital sales of Bayonetta 2 nor how much it would sold with xtra 2 days... 1000 or even 5000 copies?

Cmon, keep up with lies

Your kidding right ?  Do you and the others that say this kind of stuff actually believe it or is it a case of "all is fair in spin and war"?  So you are essentially saying if elephants had wings they could fly and get speaking parts in the next Star Trek series?   

hated_individual said:
pokoko said:
Ah, playeressence. That explains a lot.

That was a really, really poor spin, though he did try.

Now, let's look at the logic and see if it holds up:

Game A flopped.
Game B sold more than game A.
Therefore, game B did not flop.

Anyone see the problem with that? An extra 10 points on the exam for the first to answer correctly.

A lot of PSV games and exclusives sold around that in launch weeks with larger install base... Its a flop because you want it to be.

The SS Minnow sunk to the ocean floor at half the rate of the Titanic ..... Therefore the SS Minnow actually floated and set speed records over water! 

Conina said:
hated_individual said

Cmon, keep up with lies

Stop with excuses, denial and ignorance... I ain't doing that... You want to believe I do to make yourself feel better...

Original Bayonetta had ONE more day. Two, learn to count and look at calendar

Cmon, keep up with lies "I lie" *sarcasm*

No, it had two more days you liar...

October has 31 days and MCS chart for Bayonetta launch week tracked to November 1st...

Bayonetta released on October 29th 2009 so 29, 30, 31 October and 1st November.

Bayonetta 2 released on September 20th 2014 so 20 and 21 September, last two days in MCS chart...

Around the Network

I think we should reach the mods, and forbid to make more Bayo2 threads. If I get cancer thanks to this, I hope someone buys me Bayo2 as a "forgive me" present!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Mummelmann said:
DK: Tropical Freeze did almost exactly the same and is still sitting at under 700k globally and that's an established Nintendo franchise with decent legs...
There simply is no way of spinning Bayonetta 2's debut into something promising; but I won't fault the dude over at playeressence for doing so, it's his job, after all.

I don't think that's what the OP wanted people to take out of this thread. It was probably meant to show people that Bayonetta didn't do horrible for a game that doesn't appeal to Nintendo's core audience. 

He used TW101 as an example, because It's more kid friendly, and It's in the same genre.

dat spin xD Wouldn't expect anything less from that site.

Mummelmann said:
DK: Tropical Freeze did almost exactly the same and is still sitting at under 700k globally and that's an established Nintendo franchise with decent legs...
There simply is no way of spinning Bayonetta 2's debut into something promising; but I won't fault the dude over at playeressence for doing so, it's his job, after all.

I still say TF didn't have much hype behind it compared to Bayonetta, even with the greater brand recognition.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

RolStoppable said:
Wii U already overtook the Vita in the USA.

That is a ringing endorsement for Wii U sales-  considering the Vita is STILL ahead of the Wii U WW by about 1.7+- million