By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2 Debut Sales in Japan are 7x Higher than The Wonderful 101

Zekkyou said:
That says more about how poorly W101 did than anything.

This is just depressing. True, but depressing.

Hmm

Around the Network

Only thing this proves is that Bayonetta sold more than a game that reached rock bottom sales wise.

So what's the articles point? And this matters why exactly?

BTW 39K copies in 2 days isn't bad. Still awaiting the weekly sales though.

Francis and Playeressence are pretty much the laughing stock of the internet. His site is a safe haven for those Nintendo fans who feel persecuted by the Wii U and its games flopping. His subject matter/forum posts are 3rd grade level, you lose IQ points by just reading. Like alpha mentioned before, he bans those individuals who prove his outrageous theories (when it comes to 3rd parties and Nintendo) and baseless accusations wrong and champion those who spew hate in the name of Nintendo (like our old friend JTurner82)

Bayonetta 2 Outsells the Edsil in Japan! Wii U only trails the Vita by 1.8 million- Sells more in 2 years than the GameCube sold in 6 months! Bayonetta outsells Titanic like sails of W 101 release in Japan!

Were do these people come Up with their comparisons trying to spin the un spin able - trying to use the W101 sales as a comparison to tout sales of any game only makes the reality look worse

Not at all surprising, considering that Bayonetta is a fairly known property, while W101 was a totally new IP.

Also, while it certainly didn't sell GOOD, considering it got little to no promotion (major fuck up on Nintendo's part), W101 selling around 250k aren't BAD sales at all. Just imagine if Nintendo actually HAD bothered promotion/advertising it.

Around the Network

Did they tried to make Bayonetta look like it's sell so well

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

hated_individual said:
DerNebel said:

It's a flop. Period. Other games flopping as well doesn't change that. Look at what the first Bayonetta did in Japan and compare it to this.

Your denial is annoying... Your logic is flawed...  Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 released in very different circumstances and conditions... Don't be ignorant.

read this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=131764628&postcount=1560

I'm being ignorant and in denial? Don't make me laugh. The only ones being ignorant and in denial regarding this whole situation are the people trying to uptalk it "oh it's only 1 day uuh 2 days I mean (funny how playeressence corrected that) wait for a whole week","uh the market is different now (360 had less systems sold when the game released in Japan)","it's Nintendo it'll have legs" and all that bullshit is nothing but spin to try and cover up that Bayonetta 2 did shit in Japan.

uran10 said:
Hated_individual.. please stop wasting your time. I quite frankly can see a ton of differences in the market among other things but of course even if its 2 days of sales it will be called a flop.

A lot of websites stopped following media creates the week before Mk8 but came back for destiny ps4 bundle week. Seriously.. just ignore these guys you'll have a lot less stress.

Yeah, yeah the media all just hate Nintendo and want to see them fail and can't handle good Nintendo news. Some of you Nintendo fans just make me sad with how extremely paranoid you've become.

But sure, keep believing that it's the people calling it a flop in Japan that are crazy and that the second week will suddenly make all of us look stupid... good thing is that we only have to wait till next wednesday to end this whole discussion.

DerNebel said:
uran10 said:
Hated_individual.. please stop wasting your time. I quite frankly can see a ton of differences in the market among other things but of course even if its 2 days of sales it will be called a flop.

A lot of websites stopped following media creates the week before Mk8 but came back for destiny ps4 bundle week. Seriously.. just ignore these guys you'll have a lot less stress.

Yeah, yeah the media all just hate Nintendo and want to see them fail and can't handle good Nintendo news. Some of you Nintendo fans just make me sad with how extremely paranoid you've become.

But sure, keep believing that it's the people calling it a flop in Japan that are crazy and that the second week will suddenly make all of us look stupid... good thing is that we only have to wait till next wednesday to end this whole discussion.

I quite frankly don't care about how the games themselves sell. When it comes out in the west I'll enjoy seeing the numbers but I'm more interested in the wii U sales.  I'm going to wait and see how it does. If it sells <30 k great I'll be pleased but other than that I wont really care.

I'm not paranoid but the evidence is there of the anti nintendo bias which iss why I quite frankly have this deep desire to see sony croak which seems to be quite close to happening as well.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

So that means Bayo 2 will sell around 397,500 units in Japan alone lifetime (if not a little bit more) based on 101's lifetime vs. initial sellthrough.

I can see this game easily being over 1 mil lifetime global.