By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Destiny PS4 beats Titanfall sales on XB1 after only 1 week vs Titanfall's many months!

celador said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Not really that big of a deal IMO. I don't think many here REALLY thought TF was going to beat or even match Destiny sales wise.

I'm sure they didn't think that for lifetime sales, but for Titanfall to be beaten with just one week of figures is still a decent achievement in spite of the userbase

I guess it can be sen as that. I don't know I just always felt that Destiny 1st week was going to do HUGE numbers on both the PS4 and the XB1 which it did. So it beating the sales of TF on XB1 along with every other XB exclusive as well as every PS4 exclusive is not surprising. The issue is the OP singling out just TF I guess....seems personal lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

Well when you lie about what the game is going to be of course this was going to happen. Imagine if the game was presented correctly when it was first shown.

Because what I have played (level 24 BTW) this game doesn't deserve to be 60 dollars or to be the best selling anything of the current gen.

I expected more from Destiny. In fact I expected both these games to do much better. I guess both games were extremely overhyped.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

gamemaster4747 said:

This is an incredible accomplishment, seeing as Titanfall was supposed to be the ultimate XB1 seller. Rounded up: Titanfall XB1: 2.2 million and Destiny PS4: 2.3 million. The gamemaster is happy.

lol no it isn't, the ginormous userbase difference alone makes it pretty irrelevant.

d21lewis said:
I know Titanfall was considered "The Game" to sell the Xbox One. It's the one that got me to purchase an Xbox One, actually. What was considered "The Game" to sell the PS4 and has Destiny beaten that game, yet?

i think Destiny was "the game" to sell the PS4 if ever there was one. Though I suspect you are referrring to Infamous. I would disagree cause sony really went behind the destiny marketing. There was even a destiny bundle with a white console!!!

edit: oh sorry.... the install base.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I know Titanfall was considered "The Game" to sell the Xbox One. It's the one that got me to purchase an Xbox One, actually. What was considered "The Game" to sell the PS4 and has Destiny beaten that game, yet?

That used to be Infamous, which launched right after Titanfall and never reached its sales despite the larger userbase. So I guess it beating out Infamous even sooner than 1 week is even more of an accomplishment. gamemaster please confirm.

Did some people actually think Titanfall would match Destiny considering the hype for that game?

Titanfall Xbone vs Destiny Xbone is the correct battle.

Please.

i love how the user base is excuse now

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Most hyped game of the year along with 2x the userbase of Xbone, seems like a hollow victory to me.