By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Destiny PS4 beats Titanfall sales on XB1 after only 1 week vs Titanfall's many months!

Titan Fall still has the highest score out of the two so unless COD or MCC gets higher than 86 on metacritic, Titan Fall is shooter of the year. Also, they spent half a billion dollars on Destiny, it has to sell a lot to just break even. Titan Fall didn't have that kind of budget.

Around the Network

Impressive indeed

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

the gamemaster is banned...
but even destiny on xbox one will beat titanfall on xbox one

so yeah. destiny is bigger than titanfall. ur right

Mr Puggsly said:
ethomaz said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Most hyped game of the year along with 2x the userbase of Xbone, seems like a hollow victory to me.

Hyped game of the year?

From my recent memory Watch Dogs and Titanfall were more hyped than Destiny lol way more.

The massive opening Destiny had shows it was more hyped. Bungie even mislead us about the product to boost hype.

Destiny hype was no near close to Titanfall and Watch Dogs.

And how Bungie mislead you if they tive US an Alpha, Beta and Public Beta... you know how the game is and plays way before launch playing by yourself.

You can't be serious.

NobleTeam360 said:
ethomaz said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Most hyped game of the year along with 2x the userbase of Xbone, seems like a hollow victory to me.

Hyped game of the year?

From my recent memory Watch Dogs and Titanfall were more hyped than Destiny lol way more.

Debatable. 

So why you stated it like a fact?

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
ethomaz said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Hyped game of the year?

Maybe on the planet you are living on (the "way more"). But on Earth it is definitly debatable. I saw way more Destiny marketing material (and way before) than Watch Dog/Titanfall.

Maybe you were traveling to this planet in Titanfall and Watch Digs launch lol

Imaginedvl said:
FATALITY said:
i love how the user base is excuse now

You know this is "sales" website right? Based on... numbers? right?

So yah sellings 2x more games on a console that has 2 times the userbase (actually more compared to back in time) + a HUGE marketing budget is kind of a a good excuse to me. All in one, this is everything but an achievement when you compare this at the equal level.

Please, keep loving it and sorry if it does not fit your agenda perfectly :)

yeah i dont remember this type of user base talk in NPD thread when it was ps3 vs xbox360

either way destiny ps4 sales are almost the double as the userbase

so this user base talk is meaningless

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

sweetoothj said:

Titan Fall still has the highest score out of the two so unless COD or MCC gets higher than 86 on metacritic, Titan Fall is shooter of the year. Also, they spent half a billion dollars on Destiny, it has to sell a lot to just break even. Titan Fall didn't have that kind of budget.

The $500 million wasn't confirmed and after that proved false.

Nobody knows the budget but I'm curious to know.

ethomaz said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Debatable. 

So why you stated it like a fact?

Didn't realize I needed to put imo, I've said this before "anything I say should be taken as an opinion unless otherwise stated". 

I am more shocked that Titanfall got much better reviews.