By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Tsutaya Game Ranking September 15-21

QuintonMcLeod said:
outlawauron said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
ktay95 said:
Wow, Quinton proving that his words aren't to be listened too. How does one use Youkai Watch's legs as a defence for Bayo2?? Shit I thought I said stupid things on here.

I see that went over your head.

The first 3 days of Youkai Watch being on the market didn't fortell to its further success. No one knew it would suddenly explode into the success it is today until much later. Saying the first 3 days is the highest a game will sell is pretty silly. The same happened with SM3DW. 

3D World still hasn't sold well, so you should really stop using it as a defence. Youkai Watch grew in popularity thanks for a very popular anime that gets better ratings than Pokemon. That situation isn't applicable to Bayonetta and the audience targeted by Bayonetta 2 is so completely unlike Youkai Watch (it's aimed at children).

Once again, move past the denial stage of grief.

SM3DW sold over 2 million copies. You're saying that's not good?

Look, stop trying to defend your flawed opinion and just sucuum to reason and common sense. 1 day's worth of sales cannot possibly provide you enough information to determine the success or failure of a game.

1. We're talking about the Japanese market, where it has sold just under 600k (and 2 million isn't a good number at all for a 3D mario)

2. It's not a flawed opinion. I'm actually use data and trends to support what I'm saying. It has TWO DAYS (not 1!) on the market, which the normal amount of time for a game in its first week. It's going to be frontloaded, so you expect about half of its lifetime in the FW. If it isn't able to sell through a respectable number of its shipment, no retailer will reorder and they'll discount the existing stock to get rid of it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Bayonetta 2 have to do well in west guys otherwise we won't get sequel, such a gorgeous game to disappear would be realy bad!

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

outlawauron said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
outlawauron said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
ktay95 said:
Wow, Quinton proving that his words aren't to be listened too. How does one use Youkai Watch's legs as a defence for Bayo2?? Shit I thought I said stupid things on here.

The first 3 days of Youkai Watch being on the market didn't fortell to its further success. No one knew it would suddenly explode into the success it is today until much later. Saying the first 3 days is the highest a game will sell is pretty silly. The same happened with SM3DW. 

3D World still hasn't sold well, so you should really stop using it as a defence. Youkai Watch grew in popularity thanks for a very popular anime that gets better ratings than Pokemon. That situation isn't applicable to Bayonetta and the audience targeted by Bayonetta 2 is so completely unlike Youkai Watch (it's aimed at children).

Look, stop trying to defend your flawed opinion and just sucuum to reason and common sense. 1 day's worth of sales cannot possibly provide you enough information to determine the success or failure of a game.

1. We're talking about the Japanese market, where it has sold just under 600k (and 2 million isn't a good number at all for a 3D mario)

2. It's not a flawed opinion. I'm actually use data and trends to support what I'm saying. It has TWO DAYS (not 1!) on the market, which the normal amount of time for a game in its first week. It's going to be frontloaded, so you expect about half of its lifetime in the FW. If it isn't able to sell through a respectable number of its shipment, no retailer will reorder and they'll discount the existing stock to get rid of it.

1) We're talking about 1 day of sales. You need to wait at least until a full week has passed before you can pass judgement. This is common sense. When SM3DW came out and only 3 days of sales were recorded for it, you people were also quick to call SM3DW a flop too. 

2 million is bad from a 6 million install base? Since when has 33 percent of an install base been bad? Super Mario Galaxy sold to 11% of the original Wii's install base. 2 million is far more than what Killzone or Second Son were able to accomplish on a much higher install base.

And Yes, your opinion is flawed. And, no, it's only been 1 day. The game came out on the 20th. The charts ended on the 21st (not the 22nd). That's just one day.

QuintonMcLeod said:
outlawauron said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
outlawauron said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
ktay95 said:

1) We're talking about 1 day of sales. You need to wait at least until a full week has passed before you can pass judgement. This is common sense. When SM3DW came out and only 3 days of sales were recorded for it, you people were also quick to call SM3DW a flop too. 

2 million is bad from a 6 million install base? Since when has 33 percent of an install base been bad? Super Mario Galaxy sold to 11% of the original Wii's install base. 2 million is far more than what Killzone or Second Son were able to accomplish on a much higher install base.

And Yes, your opinion is flawed. And, no, it's only been 1 day. The game came out on the 20th. The charts ended on the 21st (not the 22nd). That's just one day.

There's a difference between the two consoles tho'. There's more reason people bought a PS4 than a WiiU. PS4 players tend to spread between multiple games because there's variety, while WiiU players tend to concentrate on buying a specific game series.

QuintonMcLeod said:
outlawauron said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
outlawauron said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
ktay95 said:

First if all. It's TWO days, not one. lol

then I recommend you to stop, because you know nothing about sales. Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 only had two days tracking period and there was no difference.

your example of Super Mario 3D Land makes no sense since it was released just before Christmas.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:
outlawauron said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
outlawauron said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
ktay95 said:

Killzone: Shadow Fall has sold well above 2 million, and its nowhere nearly as big a series as 3D Mario.

Vena said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Titanfall wouldn't exist without Microsoft, yet they don't own the ip, Respawn do. What source do you have that says Nintendo actually bought the ip?

Nintendo owns the gamecode for Bayonetta 2 (Kamiya already explained this, and any porting will be Nintendo's call not SEGAs), not the IP. SEGA can release Bayonetta 3 all they want, wherever they want so long as they fund it themselves, but they cannot use the code of Bayonetta 2 to make a port without Nintendo's consent as Nintendo owns said code. If SEGA were to release a Bayonetta 2, it would have be rebuilt entirely and uniquely from the ground up without using any of the Bayonetta 2 (WiiU) code assets.

If SEGA tried to port the game from the current code, they'd get sued into oblivion because they don't own the game, they own the IP. They gave up all rights to the gamecode when Nintendo stepped in and picked up the cancelled project, and funded it. Nintendo isn't stupid enough to not take ownership of the code in such a deal, and we know they have ownership of it from Kamiya.

Nintendo also owns the Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge code.

Team Ninja recoded it and released it a few months later on non-Nintendo consoles.

Just as a general information.

QuintonMcLeod said:
outlawauron said:

It's ending September 21st! Meaning it contains September 20th and September 21st. Your ignorance isn't even endearing anymore.

I never called 3D World a flop, but I do think it did not sell well. Especially in Japan. Whatever tie ratio it has is really irrelevant when you're talking about sales. It's used to justify poor sales and to show the purchasing power of the userbase. The ratio is also going to go down over time (duh). The fact you have to compare 3D World to Second Son and Shadow Fall should be proof enough it sold poorly.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

QuintonMcLeod said:
outlawauron said:

It's two days. Japanese charts always end on a Sunday and a Japanese Sunday is a day where the retailers have regular shopping hours.
So if WiiU2 sells 2 units in Japan and SM3DW2 sells 1 unit, that would make it a bigger hit than SM3DW and SMG ?
Also 2 million isn't really bad, but for a 3D Mario not good either. And we're not surprised to see it doing much worse than the other 3D Mario games, since it was obvious from the first week sales.

QuintonMcLeod said:

1. It is a flop because it didn't move consoles as it should have.

And SMG sold more than 11M vs just 2M from SM3DW. Guess what rate does Nintendo prefer.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile