By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Tsutaya Game Ranking September 15-21

Boutros said:

Gee I think I have cancer after this thread.

the gloating is a bit toxic. Agree.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

we wont see bayonetta in the next 15 years.....

QuintonMcLeod said:
Deeds said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
ktay95 said:
Wow, Quinton proving that his words aren't to be listened too. How does one use Youkai Watch's legs as a defence for Bayo2?? Shit I thought I said stupid things on here.

I see that went over your head.

The first 3 days of Youkai Watch being on the market didn't fortell to its further success. No one knew it would suddenly explode into the success it is today until much later. Saying the first 3 days is the highest a game will sell is pretty silly. The same happened with SM3DW. 

If this has all happened before, then why are you arguing with people who are clearly nutjobs? Take a deep breath, get off VGchartz for a while and go get some fresh air. The same people who are calling Bayo 2 a "flop" are the same ones who were calling the 3DS a flop in 2011.

I suppose you're right.

I'm just worried by all of this misinformation and lies. Many people are easily convinced of things that are simply not true - and even if Bayonetta 2 proves the naysayers wrong, they'll harp on another topic to spread more misinformation, and yet, more and more people will be convinced of this false information.

However, even knowing this perpetual cycle, I always feel like I have a chance to at least inform those who are not sure of the circumstances. Convincing one person is enough for me.

Dude, you are wasting your time. I've been gaming simce 1987, and I've seen these arguments from the crazies about Nintendo from that time till now. If you want Bayo 2, buy it. If you dont want it, dont buy it. If it makes no money for Nintendo, tough, if it does, great. Regardless, Nintendo will figure out how to make money somewhere else. Arguing with a bunch of wackos is pointless.

Moderated - Kresnik.

Wright said:
Anfebious said:

In behalf of the Nintendo fanbase I declare this: "You Scisca... are right. We Nintendrones need to change our gaming habits. We are trying our best... please bear with us."

With love, the whole Nintendo community. <3

Why is an argentinian in charge of the Nintendo community? Those dudes can only thing of having sex; clearly, a trait not present in Nintendo communities.

Not only sex! We also think about football... a lot.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Mr Khan said:
Bail said:
These Bayo 2 numbers make me hope Platinum Games will do a PS360 and/or PS4One version.

Because we couldn't go a whole thread without somebody saying it.

I didn't mean to offense anyone.
I enjoyed the first Bayonetta, which was a fresh, unexpected, fun and awesome BTA but the numbers weren't that great on the PS360 install base.

It's sad to see the sequel of such a good game switch to WiiU and flop even worse, hence my first message.

Around the Network

Bayonetta 2 bombed in Japan.
Completely agree with Kresnik, unless something magical happens, there's nothing that could make Bayonetta 2 sell decent numbers for a game of its caliber (Japan only obviously).
Bayonetta did 200k+ FW, Bayonetta 2 will do about 10% - 15%.

Bail said:

I didn't mean to offense anyone.
I enjoyed the first Bayonetta, which was a fresh, unexpected, fun and awesome BTA but the numbers weren't that great on the PS360 install base.

It's sad to see the sequel of such a good game switch to WiiU and flop even worse, hence my first message.

The sequel didn't "switch" it wouldn't exist without the WiiU and Nintendo. Sony/M$ passed up funding and publishing the game, and as such there will never be a port of it because Nintendo owns it outright, not SEGA.

Bayonetta 2 probabily 30,000... i only hope that will have good legs.

I think:
Smash 3DS: 300,000
Yokay Watch: 50,000
Destiny PS3: 30,000
Bayonetta 2: 25,000
Destiny PS4: 20,000

The holding power of PS3 Destiny is excellent news because it shows that PS4 HW sales have a lot of room for improvement : when games will start to come PS4-only HW boosts should increase significantly :)