By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Tsutaya Game Ranking September 15-21

Barozi said:

Nintendo also owns the Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge code.

Team Ninja recoded it and released it a few months later on non-Nintendo consoles.

Just as a general information.

Different scenario, since NG3:RE is itself an enchanced port of NG3 which Nintendo does not own. Owning the port in this case is very different from owning the game in and of itself, in its entirety.

Around the Network
lord_of_flood said:
Barozi said:

Team Ninja recoded it and released it a few months later on non-Nintendo consoles.

You got a source for that? Because I'm pretty sure Koei Tecmo is the one that owns the rights to the code, as they're the ones who published the game in Japan and as such likely funded its development. Nintendo merely published it in Western regions (similar to Bravely Default); they didn't have any hand in the game's development as far as I'm aware of. Thus, Team Ninja could do whatever they wanted with the base code because it belonged to KT and not Nintendo.

Finding info stuff about a two year old port of a game that no one caredabout is a pretty hard task.
I remember reading that they had to recode it and since they have already experience in doing that with the Sigma series, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Not sure how much influence Nintendo had in porting an enhanced version of the game to WiiU, but considering they did publish it (even if it was only elsewhere) makes me think that they gave some financial aid.

Vena said:
Barozi said:

Different scenario, since NG3:RE is itself an enchanced port of NG3 which Nintendo does not own. Owning the port in this case is very different from owning the game in and of itself, in its entirety.

what about NG and NG Sigma ?
or NG2 and NG Sigma 2 ?

outlawauron said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
outlawauron said:

1. We're talking about the Japanese market, where it has sold just under 600k (and 2 million isn't a good number at all for a 3D mario)

2. It's not a flawed opinion. I'm actually use data and trends to support what I'm saying. It has TWO DAYS (not 1!) on the market, which the normal amount of time for a game in its first week. It's going to be frontloaded, so you expect about half of its lifetime in the FW. If it isn't able to sell through a respectable number of its shipment, no retailer will reorder and they'll discount the existing stock to get rid of it.

1) We're talking about 1 day of sales. You need to wait at least until a full week has passed before you can pass judgement. This is common sense. When SM3DW came out and only 3 days of sales were recorded for it, you people were also quick to call SM3DW a flop too. 

2 million is bad from a 6 million install base? Since when has 33 percent of an install base been bad? Super Mario Galaxy sold to 11% of the original Wii's install base. 2 million is far more than what Killzone or Second Son were able to accomplish on a much higher install base.

And Yes, your opinion is flawed. And, no, it's only been 1 day. The game came out on the 20th. The charts ended on the 21st (not the 22nd). That's just one day.

It's ending September 21st! Meaning it contains September 20th and September 21st. Your ignorance isn't even endearing anymore.

I never called 3D World a flop, but I do think it did not sell well. Especially in Japan. Whatever tie ratio it has is really irrelevant when you're talking about sales. It's used to justify poor sales and to show the purchasing power of the userbase. The ratio is also going to go down over time (duh). The fact you have to compare 3D World to Second Son and Shadow Fall should be proof enough it sold poorly.

No. Bayonetta has only been tracked for 1 day:
http://playeressence.com/tsutaya-charts-91514-92115-bayonetta-2-debuts-5th/

The rest of what you're saying reads as "blah blah blah".

Barozi said:

what about NG and NG Sigma ?
or NG2 and NG Sigma 2 ?

What about them?

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

1) We're talking about 1 day of sales. You need to wait at least until a full week has passed before you can pass judgement. This is common sense. When SM3DW came out and only 3 days of sales were recorded for it, you people were also quick to call SM3DW a flop too. 

2 million is bad from a 6 million install base? Since when has 33 percent of an install base been bad? Super Mario Galaxy sold to 11% of the original Wii's install base. 2 million is far more than what Killzone or Second Son were able to accomplish on a much higher install base.

And Yes, your opinion is flawed. And, no, it's only been 1 day. The game came out on the 20th. The charts ended on the 21st (not the 22nd). That's just one day.

1. It is a flop because it didn't move consoles as it should have.

And SMG sold more than 11M vs just 2M from SM3DW. Guess what rate does Nintendo prefer.

I'm going according to VGchartz's numbers. I'm sure SMG has sold more than 11M and I'm sure SM3DW has sold more than 2.3M, but I don't have the official numbers to do an accurate comparison.

QuintonMcLeod said:
outlawauron said:

It's ending September 21st! Meaning it contains September 20th and September 21st. Your ignorance isn't even endearing anymore.

I never called 3D World a flop, but I do think it did not sell well. Especially in Japan. Whatever tie ratio it has is really irrelevant when you're talking about sales. It's used to justify poor sales and to show the purchasing power of the userbase. The ratio is also going to go down over time (duh). The fact you have to compare 3D World to Second Son and Shadow Fall should be proof enough it sold poorly.

It went on sale on the 20th and the week ended on the 21st so it's been on sales for 2 days. Are you doing this on purpose to make your point look even weaker or do you seriously not get this?

GTAexpert said:

Killzone: Shadow Fall has sold well above 2 million, and its nowhere nearly as big a series as 3D Mario.

According to VGchartz, it sold 1.8 million:
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71543/killzone-shadow-fall/

DerNebel said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
outlawauron said:

It went on sale on the 20th and the week ended on the 21st so it's been on sales for 2 days. Are you doing this on purpose to make your point look even weaker or do you seriously not get this?

Read the link. If you can't do that, don't reply to my posts. Thanks.

QuintonMcLeod said:
DerNebel said:

Read the link. If you can't do that, don't reply to my posts. Thanks.

So I'm supposed to take some random websites word over the simple ability to count? Week ends on the 21st, game goes on sale on the 20th, so it has the 20th and 21st to sell, simple as fucking that. You're making yourself look like a complete fool here.