By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 15 Trailer TGS 2014 Tetsuya Nomura steps down! UPDATE: New showcase demo!

pokoko said:
DerNebel said:

There is no diversity in FF games characters, all of them are walking cookie cutter cliches that have persisted for over 10 years now and that's from someone that actually likes the games, you're building this link between race/gender and diversity here that simply doesn't exist in a FF game, that is diversity in nothing but the visual aspect, the character cliches used are still all the same. Example: Yuffie-Selfie-Rikku-Vanille are all essentially the same character, Cloud and Lighting are also the same freaking character, the gender change added no diversity at all.

Also this whole melding together as a team thing is done in such a shallow way in past FF games that it's actually ridiculous to even try and make a point about it for this specific FF, that is even disregarding the very real possibility of there being more playable characters joining at later points in the game.

What link between gender and diversity?  When did I say the other characters would have to all be female?  And what's wrong with physical diversity?  

I'm going have to disagree with you.  I look at FF9 and I see characters who are far different from one another.  That creates contrast and conflict between characters.  They have different backgrounds that shape how they interact with the world.  Even FF10 had a good amount of diversity between characters.  Are those character similar to characters from other games?  Absolutely.  Who cares, though, as those are different games.

There's nothing wrong with it, what's wrong with it not existing in this trailer? I'm saying that you're making a link between gender and diversity because you would have not had the same complaint about a lack of diversity if 2 of the people in the car were women I suspect and that is nothing but superficial, the characters in itself can and will be just as divers as the characters in past FF games even if they are all men.

FF IX I can agree with, that is probably the one notable exception since FFVII, FF Xs characters were not in any way more diverse than other FF games before or after it, it uses the same cliched characters that are used in every other FF game.

Noctis - Tidus

blonde guy - Rikku

muscular guy - Wakka

glasses guy - Lulu

That's what I would say right now, if someone asked me to compare the guys from this trailer to the FF X cast, you can make these cross comparisons a lot in FF.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:

You just have to look at the older trailers to see the differences...

And... There is no difference.

Hynad, Look at this. (Nomura said they slowed down the combat for the 2011 trailer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiIx9VJWSl8

Now look at this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT3dyanB3pk

Now back to this.

Now this one..

and now back to this..

Still can't see the difference? Let me help you out.

Its not just the graphics that are different, but the user interface, the pace of combat, and what happened to the menu?

But most importantly where the heck are the Chocobos!!!!!!!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Intrinsic said:
Dgc1808 said:

The fuck? Only positive comments are allowed? Are people only allowed to sing praises? it wasn't even hate and there was a compliment in there too. I'm actually leaning towards buying the game at the moment. You people are so damn censitive that sometimes I wonder why I even bother to post. 

baseless unrealistic criticism is hating. 

If someone goes, I don't get the combat system or the combat looks wonky, i wouldn't argue cause well.. it does and i dont getexactly how it works here but only have an idea. But when people are saying stuff like, they are all guys, all wearing black, driving around in a car on a road trip, the fantasy is gone (even while the first 10 seconds of the trailer is showing a giant turtle and you are seing all sorts of strange creatures)..... then it becomes really hard to take any of that seriously.

for the life of me I don't get what is genric about what has been shown. Unless i do not know what the word generic means. And I start to wonder if the people throwing that word around know what it means. I have never seen a final fantasy game look like that... honestly, i have not seen a single game look like that. So i find some of the comments here baffling.

It also doesn't help that these comments are coming from mostly the same usual suspects. You don't believe me? just look at what kinda comments they leave on practically every PS4 games thread (which is funny cause this game is multiplatform). 

Mind you, everything I have said does not include or exclude you, cause for all i know you may be just like them. But they are there though and they are determined.

I am not you. I am not judging this game with the same insight and perspective as you. It's pretty simple. These guys may seem unique and interesting to you but they don't to me. I see this look all the time. Not much in games but else where, and seeing it in games doesn't make it any less too familiar. 

A while back I had people calling me insecure about playing games considered "kiddy" just because I said I couldn't finish FFIX due to bordem. Which was just silly to me because I loved the shit out of Pokemon, Smash Brothers, Disgaea, LBP, Sonic and so many other games that would fit that discription better. Hell, I remember being the only guy on this forum with a sig and avatar hyping Eyepet. No one would entertain the possibility that perhaps the game just didn't sit well with me on its own merits. Perhaps not every emotionally secure gamer likes the same games and has the same interests? Having guys like Hynad attacking my tastes just because I enjoyed games like MGS4... That shit is annoying. If someone isn't prepared to see different opinions and hear about different tastes and interests, they shouldn't be on the internet. You should expect that on a forum.

I get that not everyhing you're saying doesn't apply to me. I'm simply responding to what's posted when I'm quoted and I'm not sure what is and isn't referring to me.

4 ≈ One

enditall727 said:

More details from my analysis that MAY or MAY NOT be what we're seeing in the trailer

In the video, this appears to be the 1st time Noctis and the squad have set foot outside of the kingdom. The guy who appears to be doing all the driving is probably the only one who set foot on the outside. At the beginning, they appear to be very shocked at how huge the Adamantoise(giant turtle looking thing) is since they most likely have never ventured outside of their kingdom to see creatures like this. At around 0:47, they look out at the creatures and field due to how vast everything is and how unusual everything is being that they've never left their city. The driver is also the individual who told them that the comet thing was an astral shard.

They also might be looking for a specific female.. or mmaybe just one of them is. A chick named Luna who they eventually find out is in the city of Altissia.

Just all speculation on my part. I could be horribly wrong..

Health of characters seems to be pretty high in the trailer.

Its like a modern world that is suddenly overwhelmed/attacked by unleashed magic or so  :)

Awww, Nomura!

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

Hynad, Look at this. (Nomura said they slowed down the combat for the 2011 trailer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiIx9VJWSl8

Now look at this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT3dyanB3pk

Now back to this.

Now this one..

and now back to this..

Still can't see the difference? Let me help you out.

Its not just the graphics that are different, but the user interface, the pace of combat, and what happened to the menu?

But most importantly where the heck are the Chocobos!!!!!!!

Compare to the 2013 gameplay trailer, not the 2011 Versus XIII trailer. Not a good comparison.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

Compare to the 2013 gameplay trailer, not the 2011 Versus XIII trailer. Not a good comparison.

lol the 2013 trailer kept the menu at least. well, it looked like one. Attack, Warp, Link Form.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

anyone got a link for a high quality trailer download, to lazy to go through 30 pages ?

I'm willing to bet that at least half of these 30 pages of posts are saying that the characters are poor, or how cars or urban settings are too modern for a fantasy (driveable mechs and machine gun replacing arms are allowed though).

artur-fernand said:
I'm willing to bet that at least half of these 30 pages of posts are saying that the characters are poor, or how cars or urban settings are too modern for a fantasy (driveable mechs and machine gun replacing arms are allowed though).

Actually is a back and fourth between both extremes it seem. It was quiet funny you should check it out, I think I might want to troll both sides from now on.