By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 6 September 2014

Ninsect said:
Dadrik said:
Ninsect said:
Dadrik said:

It makes sense actually. That's 13 new countries. A 30k boost totally makes sense.

They aren't new countries though. X1 has been available there almost since launch...in most shops.

Really ? How ?

By the shops importing systems from other countries like the UK. Heck, I live in a country that is neither tier 1 nor tier 2 and it's been available here since January this year.

I didn't know that. That makes these numbers weird for sure. Why would a "launch" give such a boost if the consoles are available in stores since 8+ months ?

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network

WiiU has been dropping quite badly the past 2 weeks. Next week it will go back to the 30s once again.

PS3 beasting in Europe??

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Dadrik said:
EU numbers are great but seem odd...
What would cause the sales to be 4 times bigger than last week in Europe ?

Pre-destiny week hype? Other launch countries?

Also, the MS store did recently run a promo where you got a $50 plus the free game. That was NA, but maybe they did the same in Europe?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

This thread is gona be a good'n

Dadrik said:

I didn't know that. That makes these numbers weird for sure. Why would a "launch" give such a boost if the consoles are available in stores since 8+ months ?

That's what I'm questioning. It got a 50k+ boost from the tier 2 launch outside Japan...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Xbox One launched in T2 countries.

Stop the overtrack nonsense unless we have numbers from other trackers that say otherwise.

ArmGunar said:

Never you have a big boost like this for ... Xbox One with theses ... small countries ...

In all of these countries, you can import your console and a Xbox player didn't wait 1 year while the console is available in the country next to 

Example: In Belgium, Xbox players import from France where the language is french too, same in Switzerland where they import from France, Italy or Germany

That's not entirily true. I and a lot of my friends as well as people from Xbox Live from tier 2 countries actually bought an Xbox that week.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Ninsect said:
Dadrik said:

That's what I'm questioning. It got a 50k+ boost from the tier 2 launch outside Japan...

Yeah, very odd.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Slade6alpha said:
Puppyroach said:
Quite the boost for X1 with the release in the rest of Europe :).

It's bullshit though so I wouldn't beleive it if I were you ;) 

Or you could actually be happy for us X1 fans for having one week on top, it won't hurt you, you know ;).

fleischr said:
Dadrik said:
EU numbers are great but seem odd...
What would cause the sales to be 4 times bigger than last week in Europe ?

Pre-destiny week hype? Other launch countries?

Also, the MS store did recently run a promo where you got a $50 plus the free game. That was NA, but maybe they did the same in Europe?

It can't be pre-destiny hype because ps4 sale  is down ,4 times look too much for so small market

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m