By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 6 September 2014

poklane said:

Shops importing consoles they have left in countries it launched in back in 2013. Like Mediamarkt has shops in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium. Some time after the XB1's launch in Germany they moved left over stock to shops in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Yes, but those console in for example Mediamarkt often costed like € 550. So you would be absolutely desperate or mentally insane to buy one at that price point.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Around the Network

Well nice bump to the XB1 after launching in the tier 2 countries!

I wonder what the baseline will settle at since it was only 15k before-hand in Europe and will be little to none in Japan as always...

Seriously though, are you telling me PS4 dropped 20k WOW due to the bundle next week?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

guys,.. put things in perspective before going crazy.

ps4's europe launch: 693,342

xbones europe launch + teir 2 launch = 316, 935 + 43,872 = 360,807

693,342 / 360,807 = 1.92

.but yeah, that week over week ratio seems a bit suspect.  still,. it probably isn't that far off.

Xbox One finally gets it's top week, and it's because of Japan.

Who saw that coming!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
EU X1 numbers are very fishy... Anyways, X1's numbers for EU and Japan will severely drop off next week.

Why would they drop next week? That week has those deals with "Buy an Xbox, get a free game", plus Destiny.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

I can deal with the Europe numbers.. sure... but RotW? lol

It was released in like three small countries where it won't get that number LIFETIME.

Seems like VGC used the bad and old algorithm to estimate RotW sales based in Europe numbers.

Said that the EU number are overtracked too... it was launched in seven countries with less than 50k lifetime sales.

Yea, something is wrong here. o.o

Xbox One undertracked i think, the bump seems a bit low overall since in Japan alone it did 24k.

AnthonyW86 said:
Xbox One undertracked i think, the bump seems a bit low overall since in Japan alone it did 24k.

Even if it's Xbox, Japan is still a "Tier 1" country.

The other countries in which the XBO was released aren't. So they don't seem that low I think.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.