By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Minecraft coming to Wii U?

Tagged games:

DrasticDracon said:
Cobretti2 said:
Well it has a better chance than before for sure. It may happen for the first game. The reason being since it is already out on many platforms why not expand it to the rest? Get people hooked on Minecraft then BAM release Mincraft 2 exclusive to Xbox one and people may actually buy their hardware just for it.

Except this is Microsoft behind the wheel now. They most likely wouldn't even consider porting to Nintendo. It's suprising enough that they'll continue to support existing ports. (LOL dat wording) Also, a "Minecraft 2" is unlikely. Minecraft is a game that simply continues to grow, and is never finished.

Yer but look at it from Micrososft's perspective. How do I milk this? Create Minecraft 2 with enhanced graphics and double the features and sell it again to the same people who bought number 1. I guess they coudl also do DLC packs and charge for those instead of a new game.

Around the Network

i thought the same:P Also ms is a tech giant,so ms isnt going to hesitate publishing a 3rd party game of them to wii u like other prejudiced 3rd party companies,as for 3ds with its vast installbase ... will get it for sure!

Fusioncode said:
Sure. Totally going to happen. Saving the WiiU has to be Microsoft's first priority.

Back on duty:P

Cobretti2 said:
DrasticDracon said:
Cobretti2 said:
Well it has a better chance than before for sure. It may happen for the first game. The reason being since it is already out on many platforms why not expand it to the rest? Get people hooked on Minecraft then BAM release Mincraft 2 exclusive to Xbox one and people may actually buy their hardware just for it.

Except this is Microsoft behind the wheel now. They most likely wouldn't even consider porting to Nintendo. It's suprising enough that they'll continue to support existing ports. (LOL dat wording) Also, a "Minecraft 2" is unlikely. Minecraft is a game that simply continues to grow, and is never finished.

Yer but look at it from Micrososft's perspective. How do I milk this? Create Minecraft 2 with enhanced graphics and double the features and sell it again to the same people who bought number 1. I guess they coudl also do DLC packs and charge for those instead of a new game.

Hmm, you have a point. They need to cash in on this deal. I suppose they could monetize the updates, but there'll be backlash in the community. A full on new game would need to be built entirely of new content, otherwise it would flop. I can't see them going in that direction.

jlmurph2 said:
the_dengle said:
Yes. Now that Microsoft owns Minecraft, surely their first order of business will be to expand the number of non-Microsoft platforms on which it is available.

It doesn't seem like Microsoft is trying to be stingy with Minecraft. Here Phil even says that their goal is to evolve and innovate with Minecraft across all the platforms its on. Not just Xbox.

and you believe that?

Around the Network

Maybe slightly more likely now? I doubt MS spent 2.5 billion to make Minecraft XB1 exclusive, that would be a pretty poor investment. I think they'll be looking to spread this as far and wide as possible.

to answer the OP no, hell no. Matter of fact think im going to get it for one of my PS systems before MS does what MS does

oniyide said:
jlmurph2 said:
the_dengle said:
Yes. Now that Microsoft owns Minecraft, surely their first order of business will be to expand the number of non-Microsoft platforms on which it is available.

It doesn't seem like Microsoft is trying to be stingy with Minecraft. Here Phil even says that their goal is to evolve and innovate with Minecraft across all the platforms its on. Not just Xbox.

and you believe that?

I think your skepticism may be realistic thinking. How much faith can we put in Phil? He seems to always want to tell the fans what they want to hear but is he trustworthy?

oniyide said:
to answer the OP no, hell no. Matter of fact think im going to get it for one of my PS systems before MS does what MS does

MS will still control all versions.

It's unlikely to ever come to Wii U now, and that's a shame.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.