By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Minecraft coming to Wii U?

Tagged games:

Actually, as far as I'm aware the only person being taken out of the equation here is Notch, and according to him he let someone else take charge a long time ago and has been increasingly hands-off with Minecraft ever since.

So, I doubt he was single-handedly blocking Nintendo ports. It seems likely that several of the high-ups at Mojang must have agreed not to waste their time with Wii, Wii U, or 3DS iterations. Even if Microsoft wasn't part of the picture, I'm not sure Notch being taken out of the equation would increase the likelihood of Nintendo ports.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:

Actually, as far as I'm aware the only person being taken out of the equation here is Notch, and according to him he let someone else take charge a long time ago and has been increasingly hands-off with Minecraft ever since.

So, I doubt he was single-handedly blocking Nintendo ports. It seems likely that several of the high-ups at Mojang must have agreed not to waste their time with Wii, Wii U, or 3DS iterations. Even if Microsoft wasn't part of the picture, I'm not sure Notch being taken out of the equation would increase the likelihood of Nintendo ports.

Well the reason it never came to Nintendo consoles is because Nintendo wouldn't publish it like MS and Sony did for their consoles. I would figure that Mojang doesn't need that stuff anymore since they're not indie now.

jlmurph2 said:
oniyide said:
to answer the OP no, hell no. Matter of fact think im going to get it for one of my PS systems before MS does what MS does

MS will still control all versions.

not sure what you mean by controlling all versions? i just want to get my hand on a copy before MS decides to pull all versions besides any on xbox platforms. So im not paying some outrageous price for a rare PS version

Doubt it, the other versions are either already out or have been planned for a long time.
If anything the 3DS would only get a very butchered version like Minecraft Pocket Edition.

DrasticDracon said:
Cobretti2 said:
DrasticDracon said:
Cobretti2 said:
Well it has a better chance than before for sure. It may happen for the first game. The reason being since it is already out on many platforms why not expand it to the rest? Get people hooked on Minecraft then BAM release Mincraft 2 exclusive to Xbox one and people may actually buy their hardware just for it.

Except this is Microsoft behind the wheel now. They most likely wouldn't even consider porting to Nintendo. It's suprising enough that they'll continue to support existing ports. (LOL dat wording) Also, a "Minecraft 2" is unlikely. Minecraft is a game that simply continues to grow, and is never finished.

Yer but look at it from Micrososft's perspective. How do I milk this? Create Minecraft 2 with enhanced graphics and double the features and sell it again to the same people who bought number 1. I guess they coudl also do DLC packs and charge for those instead of a new game.

Hmm, you have a point. They need to cash in on this deal. I suppose they could monetize the updates, but there'll be backlash in the community. A full on new game would need to be built entirely of new content, otherwise it would flop. I can't see them going in that direction.

Yer definetly need to be built entirely of new content. I guess we shall all find out soon enough on what they will do with it lol.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
jlmurph2 said:
oniyide said:
to answer the OP no, hell no. Matter of fact think im going to get it for one of my PS systems before MS does what MS does

MS will still control all versions.

not sure what you mean by controlling all versions? i just want to get my hand on a copy before MS decides to pull all versions besides any on xbox platforms. So im not paying some outrageous price for a rare PS version

That would lose them money.

jlmurph2 said:

Well the reason it never came to Nintendo consoles is because Nintendo wouldn't publish it like MS and Sony did for their consoles. I would figure that Mojang doesn't need that stuff anymore since they're not indie now.

That's a pretty silly reason to pass up such a big sales opportunity. It must be a matter of pride, because I don't see how they could have reasoned as recently as last year that a 3DS port would be too expensive for them to handle themselves.

Apple didn't publish the iOS version, Google didn't publish the Android version. Pretty strange business decision if you ask me, but I don't run a business so *shrug*.

I remember something about Nintendo making an offer to help release Minecraft to Japan. Guess that isn't happening soon.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

the_dengle said:
jlmurph2 said:

That's a pretty silly reason to pass up such a big sales opportunity. It must be a matter of pride, because I don't see how they could have reasoned as recently as last year that a 3DS port would be too expensive for them to handle themselves.

Apple didn't publish the iOS version, Google didn't publish the Android version. Pretty strange business decision if you ask me, but I don't run a business so *shrug*.

Because those versions aren't retail.

I can't be the only person who thinks this game is perfect for the Wii U Gamepad.