By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Minecraft coming to Wii U?

Tagged games:

Nope. Nintendo doesn't need it anyhow, and everyone already forgot about OUYA. :D

Around the Network

Depends. I know Microsoft is fine with publishing some of their software on the competing platform (MS Office on Mac comes to mind), but amiibos really need to help lift the Wii U's sales this holiday if there's any chance of Minecraft coming to Wii U, otherwise there's no chance of it happening. Not sure why it isn't on 3DS yet though.

NNID: TheCCluc

Sure. Totally going to happen. Saving the WiiU has to be Microsoft's first priority.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

jlmurph2 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Yea but its already made for those and many people bought it so taking the game away from people that already purchased it will result in extremely bad press. Granted the vita version is coming but MS doesn't compete in the handheld space at all.

Post above ^ I just think this is more about money from Minecraft as a name and property rather than just Xbox money. But maybe that's just me.

I am pretty sure he is referring to existing platforms or platforms in progress and not new platforms... Cause lets be honest, I have respect for Phil but at the end of the day, MS bought Mojang for $2.5 billion dollars and their top priority is to get their money back as soon as they can... So I highly doubt that their top objective in the near future or future in general is to spend even more money developing a game on a platform where third party games usually flop... Now granted most third party games usually have better versions in other platforms and minecraft doesn't really need that much horse power to run and it is fesiable but at the end of the day, I doubt MS is willing to take that risk based on sales data of many third party games on the wiiU

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Well it has a better chance than before for sure. It may happen for the first game. The reason being since it is already out on many platforms why not expand it to the rest? Get people hooked on Minecraft then BAM release Mincraft 2 exclusive to Xbox one and people may actually buy their hardware just for it.

Around the Network

Wish it was coming on my WiiU. But I do not care much :)

Cobretti2 said:
Well it has a better chance than before for sure. It may happen for the first game. The reason being since it is already out on many platforms why not expand it to the rest? Get people hooked on Minecraft then BAM release Mincraft 2 exclusive to Xbox one and people may actually buy their hardware just for it.

Except this is Microsoft behind the wheel now. They most likely wouldn't even consider porting to Nintendo. It's suprising enough that they'll continue to support existing ports. (LOL dat wording) Also, a "Minecraft 2" is unlikely. Minecraft is a game that simply continues to grow, and is never finished.

jlmurph2 said:

It doesn't seem like Microsoft is trying to be stingy with Minecraft. Here Phil even says that their goal is to evolve and innovate with Minecraft across all the platforms its on. Not just Xbox.

But he does not say that their goal is to expand the number of platforms with access to Minecraft.

Yea but its already made for those and many people bought it so taking the game away from people that already purchased it will result in extremely bad press. Granted the vita version is coming but MS doesn't compete in the handheld space at all.

Would Microsoft consider a Nintendo handheld port, or do you suppose they would consider that a legitimate competitor to the Windows Phone version?

lord_of_flood said:
Depends. I know Microsoft is fine with publishing some of their software on the competing platform (MS Office on Mac comes to mind), but amiibos really need to help lift the Wii U's sales this holiday if there's any chance of Minecraft coming to Wii U, otherwise there's no chance of it happening. Not sure why it isn't on 3DS yet though.

Minecraft amiibos...

the_dengle said:

Would Microsoft consider a Nintendo handheld port, or do you suppose they would consider that a legitimate competitor to the Windows Phone version?

Well... The only reason I am thinking that the Vita version is even coming out is cause that project is already on progress cause they need to make moneyyy so if its near complete, then it would make sense to release it. The 3ds on the other hand would = completely new project and since MS is suddenly 2.5 billion dollars short from this purchase, I think their first goal is to make most of that back and then go into any new projects and both the wiiU and 3ds would = spending more money which I doubt they are willing to do. With that being said, if they have any interest at all, then I would say they might make one for the 3ds eventually cause the 3ds has a bigger install base then the vita and I don't think the 3ds is competing with WP at all

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850