By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Smash sell big off Hype alone, like Destiny did?

No, because this is the 4th Smash game so people know what to expect... and if they are Hyped is for good reasons.

Around the Network

So harsh Nintendo fans. Jesus

Will smash sell on hype? Well I think most of the comments here answer that. Also its not really fair when its the 4th game in the series compared to a new one. Will it sell on hype?...it already has.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Yes and the difference will be that Smash Bros won't be a disappointment for many people :3

The competitive Smash players are probably going to go apeshit over it though...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The Hype is well deserved for Smash than for Destiny. And it WILL be a better game.

Unfortunately... I don't think i'll sell that much as Destiny though... :'-( I hope I'm wrong.

Around the Network

Seeing as how Brawl is my favorite game of all time, my expectations are unbelievably high for the fourth game. If it is good enough, I will have to buy a Wii U. I'm sure it will be way hyped up, just like Brawl was. But Brawl met the hype. Hopefully SSB4 can too.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

spurgeonryan said:

Now we have Smash. Famitsu has already given it a less than perfect score, and many others seem to be breaking their 3DS systems out of frustration with the title.

Famitsu gave is a 37/40..... that is pretty darn good especially for the first Smash on a handheld. THere are many different challenges considering the hardware difference. Smash over all is and will sell off hype and once the hype is gone, Smash will sell because it is a great game, a well known game and will not fall short like what a lot of Destiny seemed to have done.

ChyChy said:
So harsh Nintendo fans. Jesus

Huh?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Smash wont sell much on hype, it has its fanbase and people know what they are getting. Every person I know that is getting Smash owned it on GC, Wii and some on N64. I dont think sales will stray too far from that group.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I doubt it. Smash will be a good game, it will sell on its own merits and the fact that it is a franchise, unlike new IP Destiny.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian