By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Smash sell big off Hype alone, like Destiny did?

"Less than perfect?" 37/40 = 92.5/100

Famitsu is a terrible metric from which to generalize critical reception, but it's the only score we have so far and it does not support your comparison to Destiny.

Regardless, what sells games other than hype? Good scores sell games because they create hype.

Around the Network

It's an established franchise, it doesn't need hype. Fans will know what to expect from it.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Yes and the difference will be that Smash Bros won't be a disappointment for many people :3

My exact words. Smash is a proven game, so much that I am taking vacations to play it :)

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

I think it's a good sign 3DS smash did high and didn't get a perfect score from Famitsu. It means Nintendo didn't pay them for the score, and the Wii U version is going to be better by default.

What other people said.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network
DaltonAbbey said:
Smash isn't a new IP..

Pretty much.

A several hundred million dollar marketing campaign sold Desteny. I doubt Nintendo are going to do that for Smash.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Yeah, sorry but a poor comparison.

Smash already has a massive install base AND I doubt Smash will get even half the amount of marketing Destiny has gotten.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda